Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2010 - 2013 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices discount codes may only be freely shared or discussed and not solicited in any form. This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to share or discuss published Air Canada discount codes

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
FPCZU821 - 20% off any destination, any cabin. Book by Sep 14.
This appears to be a standard "everything is on sale" statement we see so often, but the 20% only applies to Sun destinations (which they probably increased the prices on).
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:30 pm

Anyone been able to book anything with the current "sale"?

Again no stated discount percentage, the promotion code populated is JDWP26K1. It's supposedly for all destinations within the eligible dates but all routes I've tried both domestic and international come back with the error 'The Promotion Code you entered cannot be used with the itinerary you selected.'
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by bcnfish

Again no stated discount percentage, the promotion code populated is JDWP26K1. It's supposedly for all destinations within the eligible dates but all routes I've tried both domestic and international come back with the error 'The Promotion Code you entered cannot be used with the itinerary you selected.'
I get the error "Because the Promotion Code you entered expired at midnight in the time zone of your departure city, no discount will be applied." and it doesn't search.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Originally Posted by bcnfish

Tried the same promo code last night several times both one way and return YYC MCO same result.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SE
I have a 30% promo code that expires Oct 22nd. Travel must be booked and completed by that date. PM me if interested.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:58 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Here's a new promo discount (targeted and non-transferable):

It's clear that AC is on a tear to sign new Aeroplan members.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Here's another but the offer my sister got is a lot worse : join for 1500 Aeroplan miles
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:57 am

Discount code for 20% (?) off: YNBUVRM1

EDIT: Details:

TODAY ONLY! Get an additional 20% off base on fares on flights within Canada, select U.S. and Sun destinations

20% off all Economy Class base faresBetween September 14, 2022 – May 31, 2023

Book by: September 14, 2022
Don't think this deserves a new thread as I don't really have any details on the code.

WS have a 20% off offer for today that applies to base fares for flights between September 14th 2022 and May 31st, 2023.

So those might be the terms, and they might not.

I do know the code worked to reduce the price of flights from YXS to YKA I was looking at last night by 15%.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by kalderlake; Sep 14, 2022 at 2:14 pm
Old Nov 6, 2022, 8:17 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Has AC always had high YQ? Had a few promo codes issued in the last 2 years when they didn't want to compensate with travel voucher or cash.

Looking at sample bookings over $1000 total, the base fare is under $200 whereas there's a $800-900 or more of YQ that doesn't get touched by promo code. Quite annoying to find out the codes are not useful when needed.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
I received a 25% off voucher (valid for any class) and I am noticing some weird results. Trying to book a Latitude B fare round-trip Europe-NYC-Europe, and I see zero price benefit in using the voucher, yet a very good benefit when booking in P class (lowest business). The Latitude fare has a fuel surchage but that fuel surchage is only about 1/3 of the overall fare, so what gives with the lack of actual discount?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:26 am

Just used a 15% discount code on a bucket trip NZ business flight for 4. $5000 discount. Nice.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by psiachp
I received a 25% off voucher (valid for any class) and I am noticing some weird results. Trying to book a Latitude B fare round-trip Europe-NYC-Europe, and I see zero price benefit in using the voucher, yet a very good benefit when booking in P class (lowest business). The Latitude fare has a fuel surchage but that fuel surchage is only about 1/3 of the overall fare, so what gives with the lack of actual discount?
Not all fares are eligible to be discounted.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by psiachp
I’ve been told that latitude fares ex Europe are discounted, hence promo codes not working.

explains why they’re significantly cheaper vs ex Na
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
AC should not just be able to pick what fares qualify without stating so when they provide the voucher as compensation.

Originally Posted by mimo123
I’ve been told that latitude fares ex Europe are discounted, hence promo codes not working.

explains why they’re significantly cheaper vs ex Na
Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:16 pm

Are there some requirements for receiving targeted promo codes? I haven't received any in like a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.