Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC and Virgin Australia in codeshare for Australia, NZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC and Virgin Australia in codeshare for Australia, NZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have a separate tickets on the same day as a long haul is a risk. The consequences of you no showing a long haul award are high. You will not have a connection. Just a flight arriving and another flight departing on the same day from the same airport. Air NZ will *not* interline bags. You will need full access for Australia.

Queenstown Airport has a difficult approach to land due to the terrain. In NZ-AU do not get the weather extremes like Canada/USA, especially in January. But delays & cancellations can happen.
Since when?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:57 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: This is getting wildly off topic to this thread (the AC-VA partnership) and the AC forum altogether. Let's please send discussion of NZ checked baggage policies, ZQN airport, etc to the Air New Zealand forum or the Oceania destination forum, where they would be more appropriate.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Does anyone know if you need your physical AP card to access any of the VA lounges? Kinda worried I wont be able to obtain access in a few weeks since my 2023 kit has yet to be mailed.
If you don't have a physical card, you can show them your status via the Air Canada App.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by The Lev
If you don't have a physical card, you can show them your status via the Air Canada App.
Thanks! I believe a few folks confirmed via upthread but appreciate the reassurance
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
All we are missing now is priority boarding / luggage with VA and they have a good non *A setup in Australia
Old Apr 16, 2023, 4:04 pm

Has anyone credited a VA domestic Australia flight to Aeroplan, and can give an estimate of how long it took to receive the Aeroplan miles (and whether it just worked, or further follow-up was required)?
Old Apr 16, 2023, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by BernardBlack
Has anyone credited a VA domestic Australia flight to Aeroplan, and can give an estimate of how long it took to receive the Aeroplan miles (and whether it just worked, or further follow-up was required)?
I have on a number of occasions. It took just a few days and required no intervention.
BernardBlack likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
I have on a number of occasions. It took just a few days and required no intervention.
Great. Thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Yes, and sometimes it works quickly, and sometimes it doesn't get credited. In the latter case, when I make a claim, I get told that the booking class in question didn't qualify, even though it was exactly the same as ones that did get credited.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:32 am
p_m

Another datapoint: Just flew back to Sydney on a VA domestic red-eye. Landed shortly after 6am, SQMs were in my account less than 12 hours later.
(If only my AC legs credit just as quickly on an upcoming trip...)
DiamondMile likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 3:02 am

OK, well, two weeks elapsed and the points weren't credited, so I had to do retrospective claims. Let's see how long that takes.

Even more annoying, I had to log-into each family member's account separately to process the claims. I couldn't just enter the flight details once and nominate multiple pax/accounts.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
AC elite benefit flying VA?

I swear I saw an AC-VA partnership thread somewhere in this forum, but cannot find it. This is the only relevant thread I can find.

I know as an AC Super Elite, I can get access to VA lounge on a VA boarding pass. I wonder if AC elite can enjoy any other benefits on VA flights. It does not seem I have any priority checkin, security or boarding privilege, though.

VA lounges are spacious, clean and bright, much better than MLLs. However, the food is borderline inedible as compared to that in MLL.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I swear I saw an AC-VA partnership thread somewhere in this forum, but cannot find it. This is the only relevant thread I can find.

I know as an AC Super Elite, I can get access to VA lounge on a VA boarding pass. I wonder if AC elite can enjoy any other benefits on VA flights. It does not seem I have any priority checkin, security or boarding privilege, though.

VA lounges are spacious, clean and bright, much better than MLLs. However, the food is borderline inedible as compared to that in MLL.
VA lounges serve Aussie style food, its fine. It is just..aussie.

Aside from that there are no other priority access on VA. Just lounge + points
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by lcohen999
VA lounges serve Aussie style food, its fine. It is just..aussie.

Aside from that there are no other priority access on VA. Just lounge + points

And it can be difficult to get the points. I had to chase them up over many months.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Bartolo
And it can be difficult to get the points. I had to chase them up over many months.
Have not had any issues with VA points posting and I have spent a lot of time in Australia this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.