Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC and Virgin Australia in codeshare for Australia, NZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC and Virgin Australia in codeshare for Australia, NZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Does anyone know if you need your physical AP card to access any of the VA lounges? Kinda worried I wont be able to obtain access in a few weeks since my 2023 kit has yet to be mailed.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I recently booked a ticket with Aeroplan and the first flight is with VA. My booking reference code is not valid on their website. Is there a way to find it without having to call in? I'm dreading the long wait just for this bit of info.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by YYZ1313
I recently booked a ticket with Aeroplan and the first flight is with VA. My booking reference code is not valid on their website. Is there a way to find it without having to call in? I'm dreading the long wait just for this bit of info.
You could try the cow's pnr information tool here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html

It might show you the VA code.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kalderlake

It won't at the moment.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by kalderlake

I ended up sending a DM to Air Canada on Twitter and they gave me the information within an hour. I'm impressed.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by YYZ1313
For this, I've always just called in to AC at a time when I can afford to be on hold for many hours while doing other things.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Does anyone know how many days in advance VA releases availability on Aeroplan? I looked on here, and am wondering if it's 330 (under VA) or 355 (under Air Canada). Also great if someone similarly knows it for NZ. Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
You could try the 'resend itinerary' page on the VA site: https://www.virginaustralia.com/us/e...send-itinerary
Edit: Choose the 'I don't have my booking reference' option on the page.

Not sure if it'll work, but worth giving a shot!
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aprameya
Does anyone know how many days in advance VA releases availability on Aeroplan? I looked on here, and am wondering if it's 330 (under VA) or 355 (under Air Canada). Also great if someone similarly knows it for NZ. Thanks!
Looking for a simple cash sale for MEL-SYD on VA the latest date they are selling is 14 Dec 2023. For my time zone that 330 days.
Looking for a simple cash sale for CHC-AKL on NZ the latest date they are selling is 08 Jan 2024. For my time zone that 355 days.
Awards can be released any time.
Air NZ are know for *not* releasing awards to ff partners

What route?
In AU also consider QF, JQ & REX, depending on where you are going.
In NZ JQ depending on where you are going.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Does anyone know if you need your physical AP card to access any of the VA lounges? Kinda worried I wont be able to obtain access in a few weeks since my 2023 kit has yet to be mailed.
I had no problem getting access using the card in the app at the MEL and SYD lounges in November and December.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Looking for a simple cash sale for MEL-SYD on VA the latest date they are selling is 14 Dec 2023. For my time zone that 330 days.
Looking for a simple cash sale for CHC-AKL on NZ the latest date they are selling is 08 Jan 2024. For my time zone that 355 days.
Awards can be released any time.
Air NZ are know for *not* releasing awards to ff partners

What route?
In AU also consider QF, JQ & REX, depending on where you are going.
In NZ JQ depending on where you are going.
Thanks. Looking for either ZQN-BNE or AKL-BNE on Jan 8, 2024. I already have a flight booked from BNE-TPE-YYZ, so want to change it to include a segment from NZ at the beginning
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by rhubarb_raspberry
I had no problem getting access using the card in the app at the MEL and SYD lounges in November and December.
Perfect thanks for the insight. Will give it a go when I hit up a few of them in February.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Looking for either ZQN-BNE or AKL-BNE on Jan 8, 2024. I already have a flight booked from BNE-TPE-YYZ, so want to change it to include a segment from NZ at the beginning
I did wonder if ZQN was involved. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenstown_Airport
VA do not fly to AKL. Did before CV19 & subsequent administration (~bankruptcy protection)
China Airlines CI has(does?) fly AKL-BNE seasonably.
For AKL-BNE also look for AKL-OOL, but guess could not add to the award. OOL a short train ride from Brisbane city. And look at CHC/WLG to BNE-OOL

Monday 8 Jan 2024 in the busy time for AU<--->NZ VRF traffic (visiting friends & relations)
Expect you will be paying cash for this NZ to QLD flight. Will not be cheap.
apthered likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 18, 2023 at 11:57 am
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
I did wonder if ZQN was involved. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenstown_Airport
VA do not fly to AKL. Did before CV19 & subsequent administration (~bankruptcy protection)
China Airlines CI has(does?) fly AKL-BNE seasonably.
For AKL-BNE also look for AKL-OOL, but guess could not add to the award. OOL a short train ride from Brisbane city. And look at CHC/WLG to BNE-OOL

Monday 8 Jan 2024 in the busy time for AU<--->NZ VRF traffic (visiting friends & relations)
Expect you will be paying cash for this NZ to QLD flight. Will not be cheap.
Thanks! I found an option on points, but not a great option, but given this is a latitude fare I'll take it - from CHC-BNE on the morning of the 8th at 6am, and spending the whole day in Brisbane.

Also on Queenstown Airport - anything I should be aware of? I looked through the Wikipedia and not sure if I missed something.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! I found an option on points, but not a great option, but given this is a latitude fare I'll take it - from CHC-BNE on the morning of the 8th at 6am, and spending the whole day in Brisbane.

Also on Queenstown Airport - anything I should be aware of? I looked through the Wikipedia and not sure if I missed something.
Have a separate tickets on the same day as a long haul is a risk. The consequences of you no showing a long haul award are high. You will not have a connection. Just a flight arriving and another flight departing on the same day from the same airport. Air NZ will *not* interline bags. You will need full access for Australia.

Queenstown Airport has a difficult approach to land due to the terrain. In NZ-AU do not get the weather extremes like Canada/USA, especially in January. But delays & cancellations can happen.
kalderlake and apthered like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.