Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan multi city error?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Aeroplan multi city error?

try to book YVR-VIE (Stopover)-PVG (destination)- YVR use Aeroplan multi city tool

keep getting this msg: The stopover you have requested between your departure city and destination city exceeds the maximum allowable distance permitted. Please choose a different stopover city.

I searched online, is it normal for this error msg? so is it possible for YVR-PVG with a stopover in Europe?

do I need to call Aeroplan to find out if this is within MPM?

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:13 pm

I don't know the real MPM, but you're almost doubling the nonstop

YVR PVG 308 (NW) 292 (W) 5,615 mi
2 segment path:
YVR VIE 026 (NE) 010 (N) 5,313 mi
VIE PVG 058 (NE) 054 (NE) 5,291 mi
10,605 mi (+88.9%)

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=yvr-pvg,+yvr-vie-pvg

obviously you need a FURTHER destination to stop by Europe onto Asia
Call AP to ask, or read some thread Wikis, or try BKK/SIN/Australia/Africa? ex-YVR is tricky vs. ex-YYZ

Read my signature thread too
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
That's not an error message - the distance for that route does in fact exceed the maximum allowable distance.

Remember that what you're trying to do here, is buy a ticket from A to B, stopping in C "along the way".

In this case, PVG is just slightly further from YVR than VIE is, so for this ticket, PVG is your destination, and VIE isn't "on the way" by any stretch of the imagination.

If you really want to hit Asia and Europe on the same ticket, your destination would have to be considerably further away from YVR - HKG won't work, BKK will.

So, fly YVR-PVG-BKK-VIE-YVR and you should be fine.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:24 pm

our try KUL as the destination. That seems to open up a lot more options.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Many Thanks!

I priced out YVR-HND-BKK(Stop, by ANA&Thai)-ZRH-VIE(Destination, by Swiss)-LHR-YVR(by Austrian&AC) for 155,000 miles+ CAD $861, don't know where this extra 5k miles come from?

and looks like Aeroplan website allow me to search 3 segments only, so I can't put PVG as stop, need to call AC?

Wii United miles have same problem?

Originally Posted by YOWgary
That's not an error message - the distance for that route does in fact exceed the maximum allowable distance.

Remember that what you're trying to do here, is buy a ticket from A to B, stopping in C "along the way".

In this case, PVG is just slightly further from YVR than VIE is, so for this ticket, PVG is your destination, and VIE isn't "on the way" by any stretch of the imagination.

If you really want to hit Asia and Europe on the same ticket, your destination would have to be considerably further away from YVR - HKG won't work, BKK will.

So, fly YVR-PVG-BKK-VIE-YVR and you should be fine.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ecgz88
Many Thanks!

I priced out YVR-HND-BKK(Stop, by ANA&Thai)-ZRH-VIE(Destination, by Swiss)-LHR-YVR(by Austrian&AC) for 155,000 miles+ CAD $861, don't know where this extra 5k miles come from?

and looks like Aeroplan website allow me to search 3 segments only, so I can't put PVG as stop, need to call AC?

It's 155,000 miles because it will be priced as an Asia 2 award from North America. BKK is in Asia 2.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by ecgz88
Many Thanks!

Skip London and you'll save a few hundred in fees.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:57 pm

and read up more on Aeroplan

call to book, $30+tax booking fee
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:19 pm

It used to be you could call in and get them to change it, because you couldn't view the itinerary online (and they can on their side), but I think they did away with the grace period for flight changes now. So you just gotta pay the booking fee when you call them.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:21 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by s0ssos
It used to be you could call in and get them to change it, because you couldn't view the itinerary online (and they can on their side), but I think they did away with the grace period for flight changes now. So you just gotta pay the booking fee when you call them.
No grace period. Better just to pay the $30 phone booking fee up front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.