Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

worldwide seat sale - any good fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

worldwide seat sale - any good fares?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:34 am

A strange thing about this sale is that the price continued to go down for the flights I wanted as the sale progressed.

3 times checking before the 24hr free cancellation period ended the price had dropped some more for the exact same flight #s and times so I cancelled and rebooked.

I was worried that if I cancelled I would be unable to rebook so I took the new reservation to one click away from 'Purchase' before cancelling. Worked each time.

Does anyone know if AC Reservations would have processed the price drop request without the worry of losing the flight?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
A strange thing about this sale is that the price continued to go down for the flights I wanted as the sale progressed.

3 times checking before the 24hr free cancellation period ended the price had dropped some more for the exact same flight #s and times so I cancelled and rebooked.

I was worried that if I cancelled I would be unable to rebook so I took the new reservation to one click away from 'Purchase' before cancelling. Worked each time.

Does anyone know if AC Reservations would have processed the price drop request without the worry of losing the flight?
Apparently if you claim through their lowest fare guarantee against their own website within 24h of creating your PNR, they'll refund the difference

Anyone else notice that the sale fares are still there? YEG-CDG eg
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:21 pm

For the Canadian routes I fly, the Sep 9-13 sale fares which had been removed at the end of the sale are now back on again. (As of 4 pm EDT Sep 20).

I don't see any notice on either old or beta AC Home Page about a sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.