Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Air Canada- how to read

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Air Canada- how to read

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Given that there are no more fixed priced rewards on AC I don't expect that the search function will come back to EF, at least not as we knew it.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TOR27
Is there even a distinction on EF anymore for award flights since they book into the regular fare buckets? Wouldn't it simply be the normal fare classes that are shown and as long as there is space in a fare bucket, there is award space?
Yes, but the availability of X also means that it's bookable through partner, and available cheaper (than otherwise) on AC.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:20 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes, but the availability of X also means that it's bookable through partner, and available cheaper (than otherwise) on AC.
We are looking to return I/X *partner* award inventory at some point, hopefully soon.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Awesome EF!!
Old Nov 21, 2020, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We are looking to return I/X *partner* award inventory at some point, hopefully soon.
Looking forward to that!
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’m looking at EF and see only “upgrade” as options for award search. I’ve used EF before but am not well versed. I can see award space available (business YYZ-TYO) on the AC and UA sites but can’t figure out how to view them on EF. Can anyone advise?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
This question seems appropriate for this thread (which I found seaching for the info I'm looking for), so I hope it's okay to bump it. I'm looking at a TATL flight on Jan 8 with this in EF:

J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 R0 O9 E2 A0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9

My question is... At the moment there are 9 fares in O, which is the most-pricey premium economy fare, but none left in A, the cheapest. What happens if, as the flight date approaches, those O fares remain unsold? Do they:

(i) just sit as O fares until the gate closes, at their current or higher price
(ii) get moved into N space
(iii) get moved to a cheaper fare class, like E or A, if the AC computer thinks they won't sell as O?
(iv) stay as O but get priced more cheaply, if the AC computer thinks they won't sell at their current price?

Are all of these things possibilities, or are some just off the table?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
iv is the least likely.

The other three are all possible.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 11:13 pm

did the search functionality for partner awards come back on ExpertFlyer? I just signed up for trial to test and everything I look up has no availability
Old Dec 4, 2022, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
iv is the least likely.

The other three are all possible.
Thanks. After I read your reply I realised I could set up an alert on expert flyer (which I just joined), so I did that. Lo this morning an email saying a space in A YUL-FRA had opened. Turns out I could book in A if I were just doing YUL-FRA, but if I add YOW (where I am) or EDI (where I want to go after Frankfurt), it bumps it back to E (and more $).

Edit: There is now A space if I search YUL to EDI, but if I add YOW as the starting point there is no A space available, just E. Is there any way to set an alert for A space on the YUL-FRA leg of YOW-YUL-FRA-EDI? I tried doing this within EF where I got the result showing A0 for the YUL-FRA leg of YOW-YUL-FRA-EDI, but EF immediately emailed me saying that A space was available for this alert, even though none is available. It somehow is not recognising that I want to know if A space is available on that leg IF I start at YOW.

Last edited by flyingcrooked; Dec 4, 2022 at 7:54 am Reason: didn't want to crowd the thread with my many dumb questions
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
flyingcrooked - your questions are good ones. You might find some helpful answers on this thread dedicated to ExpertFlyer: ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
flyingcrooked - your questions are good ones. You might find some helpful answers on this thread dedicated to ExpertFlyer: ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
Thanks. That thread (and many others on FT) is over 12 years old and has over 180 pages. Is there a general strategy that's best practice for such threads? Is the idea to read all 180 pages, or just to start 2 years back or something like that?
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:55 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Thanks. That thread (and many others on FT) is over 12 years old and has over 180 pages. Is there a general strategy that's best practice for such threads? Is the idea to read all 180 pages, or just to start 2 years back or something like that?
Your call. I remember reading through all 130+ pages of the "R Games" thread way back and learned a ton.

The only reason I suggested looking in that thread is that your original question is more about ExpertFlyer than it is Air Canada.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm looking at a flight on 1/5 to LAS.

The aircraft is 77W, but I believe AC has two 77W layouts. Is there a way for me to check if my flight has 28 or 40 J seats? Is it as easy as just checking the seat map?
Old May 25, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K, Mariott Ambassador Elite,
Expert Flyer showing P CLASS - Not showing on AC

Hi All,

Trying to book a few YYZ - SYD flights in Business this year.

I was able to book one yesterday, today when trying some new dates, I can't get the AC website or Corporate Rewards website to price the return in P CLASS when expert flyer is showing as available.

Depart JUNE 21
YYZ - YVR - SYD
AC 113 P=1
AC 33 P=1

Return AUGUST 28
SYD - YVR - YYZ
AC 34 P=1
AC 108 P=1

The outbound shows P and can book on AC website,
Return only showing Z on AC website.

I called AC and they said they do not see P on the return flights, even though I do on expert flyer.

Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks for your assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.