Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Logic Behind Mobile Boarding Pass Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K

Is there any?

I really don't like printed tickets and am quite frustrated by AC's seemingly random availability of e-boarding passes.

For example, flying YYZ-FRA on AC876 today and:
1) Mobile check-in gives an error on the last screen.
2) Online check-in works but only provides a boarding pass for printing.

This seems to happen on ~50% of my flights...
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Is there any?

I really don't like printed tickets and am quite frustrated by AC's seemingly random availability of e-boarding passes.

I have been advised by the concierge that some international destinations are not eligible for electronic boarding passes due to security regulations. They must be issued at the airport.

The ones mentioned:

BCN
EZE
LIR
MBJ
SJO
GRU
PVG
SYD

With that said, I was also advised today that FRA should be ok.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Is there any?

It's weird. For CDG, I was not able to complete check-in and get my boarding pass on the mobile app or using Safari on iPhone. However, using Safari on my MacBook minutes later, I was able to complete check-in and get my mobile boarding pass.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
It's weird. For CDG, I was not able to complete check-in and get my boarding pass on the mobile app or using Safari on iPhone. However, using Safari on my MacBook minutes later, I was able to complete check-in and get my mobile boarding pass.
Yeah, this is what typically happens to me. Mobile check-in fails, usually towards the end of the process, but I can complete it on ac.com (even from my mobile phone). The subsequent email contains links for both mobile and printed boarding passes.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Originally Posted by ffsim
Yeah, this is what typically happens to me. Mobile check-in fails, usually towards the end of the process, but I can complete it on ac.com (even from my mobile phone). The subsequent email contains links for both mobile and printed boarding passes.
This is what I experience more often than not as well. But today, the "successful" online (but not mobile) check-in could only produce a boarding pass for printing.

Maybe it's because I'm connecting to CPT via JNB on LH and SA, on a ticket issued by LH. Sadly, I can't check in online with LH either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.