Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Using Star Alliance Upgrades (points) with Flight Passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM

Does anyone know if there are any issues using points to upgrade Air Canada flight passes? There is nothing specific mentioned on the guidelines page.

I have a Latitude Europe Pass. I would assume that means that I would require the points for the Y/B fare shown on the award chart. Can anyone confirm that is the case?

I know this seems obvious, but given how badly AC has borked (that's the politest word I can think of) their eUpgrade program this year, I don't want to make any assumptions.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by HockeyCoach
Does anyone know if there are any issues using points to upgrade Air Canada flight passes? There is nothing specific mentioned on the guidelines page.

I have a Latitude Europe Pass. I would assume that means that I would require the points for the Y/B fare shown on the award chart. Can anyone confirm that is the case?

I know this seems obvious, but given how badly AC has borked (that's the politest word I can think of) their eUpgrade program this year, I don't want to make any assumptions.

Thanks in advance.
I'm very confused with your question. Are you trying to upgrade to J using your Latitude flight pass (i.e. segments on AC metal??)

I see you're a SE 2MM, so perhaps you mean something else??
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Presuming you're allowed upgrade AC flights with Aeroplan points through Star Alliance, then this should work. Y is Y is Y after all. At least in theory.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanRulez
I'm very confused with your question. Are you trying to upgrade to J using your Latitude flight pass (i.e. segments on AC metal??)
Exactly. My Latitude Europe flight pass will get me an economy seat. I want to upgrade to J using Aeroplan points on AC metal.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Presuming you're allowed upgrade AC flights with Aeroplan points through Star Alliance, then this should work. Y is Y is Y after all. At least in theory.
Yup. Just trying to confirm the theory. Has anyone out there ever actually done this?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
deleted.

Last edited by CanRulez; Aug 27, 2016 at 1:51 am
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
Biggest challenge will be finding 'I' class availability on the flights to upgrade into.

TM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.