Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Codeshares, AQD, Schedule Changes.... Frustration!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite

I recently purchased a ticket YYZ-EWR-SJU for travel in late January 2017 with the EWR-SJU booked as a codeshare (operated by UA) to ensure that I received the AQD.

The EWR-SJU flight has a schedule change and no longer operates on the day I was booked. UA reaccomodated me on a later flight the same day but it no longer works with my travel plans.

I figured this was a simple, call AC and get them to change the ticket. Well AC says they don't show the schedule change, so UA has to make the change. When I mentioned the loss of the code share thereby resulting in the loss of the AQD, the agent stated "Prior to day of departure, the airline that has the schedule change has to take control of the ticket and make the changes"

I was always under the impression that prior to day of departure, the issuing airline sorts out any changes, while day of departure it falls on the operating airline.

Am I wrong? Could this be my 2nd time in 2 days I've admitted I was wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.