Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan points for a UA flight, where is UA booking reference number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

I just use my aeroplan points buy a UA flight. Where can I get the UA booking reference number? I want to check the flight on UA website. Is there any other ways except calling the airline?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by udlonggg
I just use my aeroplan points buy a UA flight. Where can I get the UA booking reference number? I want to check the flight on UA website. Is there any other ways except calling the airline?
Have to call Aeroplan, AC, or United. If you call United, you can get it through the automated system
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D582
Have to call Aeroplan, AC, or United. If you call United, you can get it through the automated system
I tried several times calling United, every time it went to an agent. Is there a way to not talking with agent, just use the automated system?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
I tried several times calling United, every time it went to an agent. Is there a way to not talking with agent, just use the automated system?
Whenever I call them, the automated system answer. I say existing reservation, flight details, then give t my flight number, date, and surname. Otherwise if you speak to agent they can find it as well.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
call AE and ask them what the UA locator is. Since AE is not the airline, I think this qualifies as another way without calling the airline
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Aeroplan always gives me the other locators whenever I ask. You should have no problem there.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
You can just use the app and click on additional information and it will give you all PNRs....
.... Oh wait....

Neither AE or AC have that capability, so you have to waste time on hold.....
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by rankourabu
You can just use the app and click on additional information and it will give you all PNRs....
.... Oh wait....

Neither AE or AC have that capability, so you have to waste time on hold.....
This is one ability I massively enjoy on the rare occasion that I book non-UA flights on 016 stock. Even their old ugly site could show these.

But don't worry, the new AC site is shiny.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AC SEMM
If you have your e-ticket number you can go to the Saudia airlines site and, under "Manage Bookings" select "e-ticket" and enter your details. This usually will give you the necessary Booking Ref number IIRC.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Geoflying
If you have your e-ticket number you can go to the Saudia airlines site and, under "Manage Bookings" select "e-ticket" and enter your details. This usually will give you the necessary Booking Ref number IIRC.
For me it usually shows no such booking references.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:49 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by D404
But don't worry, the new AC site is shiny.
And always in beta, even if doesn`t say it in the URL. I shudder to see what their alpha versions look like (HINT: there probably are none).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.