Community
Wiki Posts
Search

missing baggage and no reply

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

missing baggage and no reply

I am a overseas student, I want to complain about Air Canada. I arrived at Montreal on 1st of June. That day, Air Canada lost my baggage. I went to the service center to tell them that my baggage was missing, they told me that it would be found in the next day. However, after 5 days, my baggage was still missing, they told me that I had to mail a form. I mailed it. they told me that i only had to wait for 4 weeks and they would reply me. however, today is 3th of August. they haven't reply me yet and my baggage is still missing. BTW the telephone service is very terrible. they are always rude to me and hang up my phone call.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
How do you know Air Canada lost your luggage? Let's start with the facts.
1. Where did your flight originate and with which airline did it originate?
2. Were there any transfers, if so where were they?
3. When you arrived in Canada, at what airport did you land? Did you connect elsewhere after that Canadian arrival?
4. Where did you clear Canadian customs and immigration?

Once I have that information, I can provide a more informed response.

In respect to the telephone service, please note that what you may consider to be rudeness can simply be a clear up front statement. If the customer service operator has already provided you with the information on hand, there is no point in continuing a phone call if there is nothing else to add. Note that if a customer yells or is abusive, the call will end quickly. Note too that calls can get disconnected. I have had that happen when calling from my mobile.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
However, the people on the AC lost baggage phone number are not straightforward. They say they have information but won't provide it, or they say they don't have information, when it is information they should have.
They have been completely useless every time I have had to deal with them.
However, my bags have eventually been located and delivered.
(And even then, the people on the phone line and the baggage tracking website show the bag as still tracking in progress.)
Even if it was not AC that lost the bag(s), the last carrier on the itinerary is the one responsible to the passenger. In my most complicated case, LH misplaced the bag but it is still AC that "lost" the bag as far as customer service responsibility goes.
Joe Hou, I am sorry this happened to you, and I hope your bags do arrive soon.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
How do you know Air Canada lost your luggage? Let's start with the facts.
"That day, Air Canada lost my baggage. I went to the service center to tell them that my baggage was missing, they told me that it would be found in the next day."

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
In respect to the telephone service, please note that what you may consider to be rudeness can simply be a clear up front statement. If the customer service operator has already provided you with the information on hand, there is no point in continuing a phone call if there is nothing else to add. Note that if a customer yells or is abusive, the call will end quickly. Note too that calls can get disconnected. I have had that happen when calling from my mobile.
OP did not indicate that any of the above ONLY that AC : "BTW the telephone service is very terrible. they are always rude to me and hang up my phone call."

It appears you don't want to know the facts as you are comfortable generating your own.

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Aug 5, 2016 at 4:19 pm
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I get that calls can be disconnected; but it seems to happen a lot more frequently with Air Canada. And given it's normally in the middle of a sentence, I think it's hardware not people at fault here.

I do wonder if they said "It will be here tomorrow" or "It will probably be here tomorrow", subtle but different. If they said it will be here tomorrow, they are at fault because they should know better than to promise that.

In terms of the OPs question of what to do next, I'd suggest first calling generic Air Canada who are less unhelpful than the baggage people; and failing that social media "Air Canada lost my bag 9 weeks ago and are now ignoring me" will probably get some sort of "Please PM me your details"?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jue Hou
I am a overseas student, I want to complain about Air Canada.
I understand your frustration. Its has been too long, don't wait any longer and contact the appropriate "agency" to get help with your problem. Sorry, I don't know the numbers but there are thread(s) that deal with this similar issue and/or read on your ticket or AC site for solutions.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I had exactly the same problem on the same day http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...g-what-do.html
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Sorry to hear what you went through. I thought my experience was already disgusting enough but yours sounds like a whole another level.

Hope everything works out.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
"That day, Air Canada lost my baggage. I went to the service center to tell them that my baggage was missing, they told me that it would be found in the next day."

OP did not indicate that any of the above ONLY that AC : "BTW the telephone service is very terrible. they are always rude to me and hang up my phone call."

It appears you don't want to know the facts as you are comfortable generating your own.
My intent was to be fair. I would have liked the facts to have been established first. My bag has gone missing on multiple connecting flights when I travel from Asia, I have gone through the AC baggage experience as have other people. I know from my own experience what personnel usually say in respect to the script they are trained on. However, I am not going there. Read the questions I asked. Answers to the questions can provide some important clues as to what occurred.

The fact is that we have someone who blew his load on this thead, and of course some people jumped in to dump on AC. (An excellent illustration of the earlier topic, why are people so quick to bash the airline).

In the meantime the OP has not returned. Either he has been recalled to the mother ship, or his missing bag showed up. Until he beams down again and provides an update, we won't really know what happened.

If you wish to accept whatever claim is made on an open web forum so be it. Some of us wish to understand the situation better so that we can offer a useful response that is based upon sober thought and not an emotional knee jerk reaction.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

I just want to get this thing over, just give me the compensation, stop bullying our foreigners. they can give me a reply, not me calling them.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Jue Hou
I just want to get this thing over, just give me the compensation, stop bullying our foreigners. they can give me a reply, not me calling them.
When you talked to the agent about your lost baggage at the airport, they should have given you a card with a reference number for your situation. Did this happen?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by epiphani
When you talked to the agent about your lost baggage at the airport, they should have given you a card with a reference number for your situation. Did this happen?
As this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldTracer
If the airline knew where your bag was they would tell you.
If it was lost on 1st June (66 days ago) and you have not received it now it is unlilkey to be recovered.
Do you have travel insurance?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
As this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldTracer
If the airline knew where your bag was they would tell you.
If it was lost on 1st June (66 days ago) and you have not received it now it is unlilkey to be recovered.
Do you have travel insurance?
Don't bet your house on that.
I have used that service multiple times, and the data on the website is not kept updated, and the people that answer the phone are lying weasels.
e.g., Me: "have you found my bag?" Them: "yes have located it. What does it look like?" Me: "you claim you have the bag: just look at it. I should be asking you to tell ME what it looks like, as proof you DO have it." etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.