Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stagnant odors in AC 787/777 lavs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by epiphani
I've noticed the smell a few times lately. I don't recall noticing it last year. My experiences were on A320s.
Just completed 4 legs on 4 different 787's (2-789's & 2-788's). Absolutely no clue what this post is referring to (beyond normal lavatory aromas).
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: AC SE
I flew on a 789 last night (AC878) and did not notice any unusual lav smell. And I did spend extra time in there just to enjoy the view... That engine really is impressive as seen from the lav
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by 24left
The smell exists and I reported it to crew on more than one of my AC3/4 flights last year. IIRR, it was very evident on the A row side as the is the J lav and the one between J/PE.

Unfortunately, I don't remember if it was fin 803, 804 or 805, but it happened on the same fin twice. In at least one case, the crew knew about this but had no answer, and I recall one of the FAs using some spray, but the smell persisted even while everyone was asleep over the Pacific.

I assume unless crew note the fin, the flight, the date and time and unless pax report it right away, maintenance won't be able to deal with it.
The issue I'd noticed was on fin 803 last month on one of the lavs between J/PE, and very evident even right at the beginning of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.