Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Altitude Luggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Agree with the comments above. The card is thinner and the red rondelle on one side plus the red Air Canada logo on the other side are not nearly as nice as the 2016 glossy version. the card itself is thinner, or certainly feels a bit frail.

I see, however, the nice 2016 red loop works, so there's that.

I may just use the clear plastic ones from "another airline" as it is less likely to break and also cause the card to tear. But I'm just guessing.

P.S. The 2017 card and its wire somehow survived the bend and crunch going through the rollers of the scanning machine just recently at IST.

EDIT to Add: the card "feels" thinner.
YYC3722 likes this.

Last edited by 24left; Jan 14, 2018 at 11:08 am Reason: clarity
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:25 am

Boring design!

At least from the pictures. I really liked the 2017 design, though so much white does scuff more easily.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by The Lev
I Got Mine about a week ago. The plastic tag holders have a littler ball on the end of them so the tags really dangle and I fear will get easily ripped off. Disappointed that they are no longer putting my address on the tags, which renders them. Virtually pointless when flying another carrier - perhaps that was the point.
Was this not an option you could choose this year?

Originally Posted by Binflyin
Now for the big question. Did Mr Peever ever get his 2017 luggage tags and more importantly, will he get the 2018 kit...
Originally Posted by vernonc
No sign of mine yet. Should we begin taking bets on when Peevers will arrive ?
Y'all are assuming Peever qualified for status. Remember that the AC website doesn't let him book flights, so this may or may not be the case...

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
While the old metal wires never failed, I found that they eventually cut the hold in the baggage tag and then I had a nice wire on my luggage and no tag. Way too many times! I don't recall this happening with the red-coated wire fasteners.

I am assuming the new loops are some kind of "tougher than steel" carbon fibre material.
I've never really had the problem of the metal loops cutting through the tags, so I will probably keep those rather than use these flimsy looking new ones (at least, they look flimsy in the photos; my kit hasn't arrived yet).

Originally Posted by 24left
Agree with the comments above. The card is thinner and the red rondelle on one side plus the red Air Canada logo on the other side are not nearly as nice as the 2016 glossy version. the card itself is thinner, or certainly feels a bit frail.
Welcome back!

They made the cards thinner again? Because the 2017 ones were already thinner than 2016 and felt cheap to me.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
....Welcome back!

They made the cards thinner again? Because the 2017 ones were already thinner than 2016 and felt cheap to me.
@Adam Smith
Aw, thanks.

I am currently fondling the 2016, the 2017 and the 2018. The new ones feel thinner. Must go find the caliper I dug out for 2017.
It feels thinner, maybe not dental floss tin, but I await the reports from others in the field. lol

Edit to add: I notice the holes are slightly further down from the top of the tag. Maybe that will help, less breakage and all.

Last edited by 24left; Jan 14, 2018 at 10:58 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Because the 2017 ones were already thinner than 2016 and felt cheap to me.
And yet, 2017 was one of the very rare years in which my tags survived in excess of 300 different overhead bins without ripping off.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:53 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
[MENTION=759220]I am currently fondling the 2016, the 2017 and the 2018. The new ones feel thinner. Must go find the caliber I dug out for 2017.
It feels thinner, maybe not dental floss tin, but I await the reports from others in the field. lol
Do the 2016 tags feel thinner than the 2017 tags to you?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:56 am
Suspended

Do the 2016 tags feel thinner than the 2017 tags to you?
They feel the same, similar "flexing". Where are the engineers, they can answer this better than I can.

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
And yet, 2017 was one of the very rare years in which my tags survived in excess of 300 different overhead bins without ripping off.
Agreed, the tags survived all the bins, but the rollers through the scanner machine at IST was interesting. Little 2017 bent nicely, but did not break.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

I see, however, the nice 2016 red loop works, so there's that.

I may just use the clear plastic ones from "another airline" as it is less likely to break and also cause the card to tear. But I'm just guessing.

P.S. The 2017 card and its wire somehow survived the bend and crunch going through the rollers of the scanning machine just recently at IST.

EDIT to Add: the card "feels" thinner.
Thanks for testing it out. The red loop looks good. I have a ton of extra red loops, so this will work out nicely.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
I'm a big fan of the new SE tags.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I'm a big fan of the new SE tags.
Yeah, I am too. I think the matt/glossy combination looks pretty good.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
By the way, while we're showing off how we've mounted the new tags ... this is what's now on my backpack:

tcook052, Plumber and Diabeetus like this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by canopus27
By the way, while we're showing off how we've mounted the new tags ... this is what's now on my backpack:

I have the 767 Gimli on my bag as well. No flyertalk tag nor MM status though.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by canopus27

Mine looks similar- but am missing the FT luggage tag tho!

I, too, like the look of the SE cards and luggage tags this year ^
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat

Looks like there are more than one of us with the same look
Plumber and canopus27 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
I like the 1 million miles logo, I'm not there yet but....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.