Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Stop Security

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
Also do not use the APP for boarding passes. They need your ongoing BP and mine never appears by the time I get to the front of the line. The app is way to slow in showing the next one. You can get a reprint from the AC desk before you hit the machines.
Unless you have iOS and you can just put the pass in your Apple wallet. I've never used a printed BP with the new YUL OSS setup (which is awesome) and I've been fine.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by colombianbrew

are you saying this only currently works for international connections or can you get from the international terminal to domestic? I connect through YUL from the US to domestic fairly regularly and have always gone out and re-cleared security. Would be great to not have to! Thanks
This works for US to Domestic and International to Domestic.

Originally Posted by RangerNS
I've also as recently as last month done US-YUL-YHZ, and the process is as explained. Tight U-turn at the bottom of the stairs in the huge customs hall.

When I was there International / Domestic was still one space.

Apparently it is April 3 that this will change ( see: https://milesopedia.com/actualites/a...internationale )

Unclear what the effect on OSS will be.
I am doing US-YUL-YQB on the 3rd so I will report back.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jasdou
I am doing US-YUL-YQB on the 3rd so I will report back.
Please take and post pictures if possible.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
This is too bad, I enjoyed being able to take a long walk in the relatively uncrowded international pier on my SFO-YUL-YHZ layovers. The National Bank lounge was also a nice option and the international MLL seemed to let me in as an SE most of the time if the YHZ gate was anywhere nearby (which more often than not it seems to be).

The Domestic gates at YUL are so crowded and small!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE
I just connected from the US to a Domestic flight in YUL today.

The most significant change is that the staff scanning BPs after CBSA check will either direct you through the glass doors to international gates or down a semi-finished hallway that spits you back on the Domestic side, close to the intersection between International, TB and Dom areas (by the YUL Pizza counter).

Very easy and smooth but it seems like you have to show your BP every 10 feet.

The new BP check for the international wing was also in full force with extra staff to help. It heard one agent say that once you go through to the International gates, you are not allowed back to the Domestic side. Gate 51 also now appears to be a hybrid gate with a glass partition that can be accessed either from the International side or the Domestic side.

Again, as it has been discussed upthread, OSS in YUL is so much smoother and efficient than YYZ because of the presence of CBSA automated kiosks, Nexus machines and no need to take a bus that leaves at intermittent intervals.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jasdou

Very easy and simple. You go down the escalators in the customs hall and follow directions for connections. There will be airport staff directing traffic, but you basically have to do a U-turn after going down the escalators. That will bring you a small customs hall for connections. There are Nexus machines available. After using the kiosk, you hand out your receipt and there will be a quick BP check and you end up in the international wing of the terminal.

The only thing I am not sure is if anything has changed since the airport has re-segregated International and Donestic gates. Last time I was there I did see some construction so they might have built a hallway for OSS passengers to go directly to Domestic instead of international.

I am connecting in YUL from the US on Wednesday and can report back.

No need to speak French by the way. Airport staff and customs officers will be fully bilingual. French is my first language but I sometimes end up interacting with them in English for several reasons.
Thanks to you and others. Process was smooth and seamless and generally several orders of magnitude better and less stupid than YYZ. No pictures as I don’t think they are allowed in customs hall.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ridefar

Thanks to you and others. Process was smooth and seamless and generally several orders of magnitude better and less stupid than YYZ. No pictures as I don’t think they are allowed in customs hall.
Probably not allowed in the customs hall, but I have yet to see pictures of the division between Domestic and Int'l around Gate 50.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
Probably not allowed in the customs hall, but I have yet to see pictures of the division between Domestic and Int'l around Gate 50.
I can’t imagine it is final because it is is pretty haphazard and temporary looking right now. Lots of people standing around making very sure you don’t end up where you shouldn’t be. The OSS hallway spits you out right there.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
I flew through YUL on April 6th but forgot to post the picture. It looks like they've added a barrier around gate 51 and there are agents checking boarding passes to go towards the international gates. I'll be through YUL again in a few weeks and can update you on any changes.

Also, I might have just been too tired to notice but I ended up leaving customs and having to reclear CATSA security to get to my domestic gate (User error since I wasn't able to read the signs ?). Wasn't an issue since YUL was pretty dead but I thought the whole idea of OSS allowed for connections without reclearing security?

Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by C-FMWQ
Also, I might have just been too tired to notice but I ended up leaving customs and having to reclear CATSA security to get to my domestic gate (User error since I wasn't able to read the signs ?). Wasn't an issue since YUL was pretty dead but I thought the whole idea of OSS allowed for connections without reclearing security?
I guess you were too tired to notice. When you go down the stairs in to the main customs hall you need to keep left and left again by where the elevators are to get to the OSS domestic connections area, which bypasses having to clear security. Usually there is someone hollering about "domestic connections this way" but if it was pretty dead then maybe not.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I guess you were too tired to notice. When you go down the stairs in to the main customs hall you need to keep left and left again by where the elevators are to get to the OSS domestic connections area, which bypasses having to clear security. Usually there is someone hollering about "domestic connections this way" but if it was pretty dead then maybe not.
If you are clearing International->Domestic however, it is easier to just use the Nexus machines in the main hall. If you follow the connections signs you go in to the OSS area, but they are redirected back out, the long way, to the main baggage hall.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Still waiting for the domestic transfer area at YYZ to get NEXUS kiosks (I mean, I hope they do). I've been through several times with a snaking line or very few officers working. Between this and waiting on the (sometimes very hot) bus, it would be faster and more comfortable for me to re-clear security entirely and use NEXUS sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes.

Last edited by D404; Apr 22, 2019 at 9:53 am
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
So to be clear about YUL, follow the connections signs. There are Nexus machines there and even an AC desk in case your app does not flip over to the next BP (happens a lot). You need a BP to get through here.

Depending on your connection, domestic vs international, you either get let out right away in the international section or down a desolate hallway to dump you out at gate 51.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
If you are clearing International->Domestic however, it is easier to just use the Nexus machines in the main hall. If you follow the connections signs you go in to the OSS area, but they are redirected back out, the long way, to the main baggage hall.
This absolutely isn't true at YUL, assuming you have no luggage to pick up. The OSS area has NEXUS machines and you get dumped back in to the main domestic terminal area without needing to re-clear security.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by D404
Still waiting for the domestic transfer area at YYZ to get NEXUS kiosks (I mean, I hope they do). I've been through several times with a snaking line or very few officers working. Between this and waiting on the (sometimes very hot) bus, it would be faster and more comfortable for me to re-clear security entirely and use NEXUS sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes.
Hopefully when the transfer corridor opens to replace the bus they will do this.
canadiancow and D404 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.