Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by Livyer
But it's all about the customer experience:

Air Canada - Smarter Planet Leadership Series Video - YouTube
Customer experience, whats that?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Landing page is old page, but flight search results are presented in the new page format.
--
13F
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
They took down the website because they finally noticed the thread I started the other day about new features they should incorporate and are working on adding those things.

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Landing page is old page, but flight search results are presented in the new page format.
Everything I'm seeing right now is the old site.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:05 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by adam.smith
They took down the website because they finally noticed the thread I started the other day about new features they should incorporate and are working on adding those things.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by KenHamer
They're tweaking round the clock taking all of the FT feedback under advisement.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
I was going to suggest a wiki to list the issues with the new website, so that AC IT could have a reference.

However, I think it would be more efficient to list the things that are working. Currently, that seems to be a very short list.

I also wonder about how secure the new site is. Something that is so riddled with bugs is unlikely to be secure. Would you want to enter your credit card information on the current site? I won't be booking anything online any time soon.

FIX THIS !

Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:26 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
They're tweaking round the clock taking all of the FT feedback under advisement.
Thanks for the update.

It's unfortunate that they didn't provide a "secret URL" and tell FTers to "go nuts". I imagine as many (or more) bugs would be found but the tone of response would be much more palatable.

Perhaps for round two?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Thanks for the update.

It's unfortunate that they didn't provide a "secret URL" and tell FTers to "go nuts". I imagine as many (or more) bugs would be found but the tone of response would be much more palatable.

Perhaps for round two?
An excellent example where the FT community can contribute positively to AC's efforts ^
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Member

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by 24left
FIX THIS !

Yikes!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: *$ Green
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:46 am

I am still unable to book a flight from YYZ to SFO with a stopover at CHI for a few days.

So much for the "revamped" web site. Same meat with a different sauce, cosmetic changes to the design and no real additional functionalities added.

Last edited by Clipper801; Jan 27, 2016 at 10:12 am
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: *$ Green
My only personal request is a complete redesign of the fonts/colours/sizes.

I've told this to other FT'ers. To me, the website felt like a geocities website with a high-res picture in the background. (Big square boxes everywhere. Super high contrasts. Overuse of "bold" for emphasis. Forms "dumbed down" to 3-4 entries when they could easily incorporate more intricate options.)

May just be my personal biases though.

Edit:

I am also still unsure of the overall objective of the website redesign. I may have missed it in this and other threads, but what is the point of the new website? It seems to me like it nothing much changed on the surface in terms of how things work. Are most of the things changed "under the hood"?

Personally, I was originally expecting the "new" website to contain new features like improved search functions (fare class requests), or the display of new information (AQM/AQD earned for example).
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I am also still unsure of the overall objective of the website redesign. I may have missed it in this and other threads, but what is the point of the new website? It seems to me like it nothing much changed on the surface in terms of how things work. Are most of the things changed "under the hood"?

Personally, I was originally expecting the "new" website to contain new features like improved search functions (fare class requests), or the display of new information (AQM/AQD earned for example).
You assume that what you see now is the only part of the overall plan.

I can tell you that when I have a big task of 10,000 lines of code to write, I'll write a few hundred and get them checked into production as soon as possible, to keep all the changes "small" and easy to review/revert. If there's a big new feature, this may mean a lot of stuff goes in behind the scenes before anything user-facing can go out. But if a revamp of the UI is required for a new feature, that can go in on its own while the rest is being developed or tested.

I don't know what AC is doing here, but it's not reasonable to assume that this is "it".
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:33 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
The new website is simply lipstick on a pig.

And you better get used to morono big block interfaces, what the Microsoft PS/IBM GS consultants and their ilk tell their big clients we want re: RBC redesign recently. Except RBC worked.

Since windows 8 (most of these awful redesigns are based on this (flawed) MS tile concept), your desktop with a 1900*1200 resolution is considered the same as a tablet or phone screen. Makes perfect sense to someone, just not me.

Still does not excuse this clown show of a website release.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jan 27, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.