Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[LIMITED ACCESS] The Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD IS ONLY OPEN TO THOSE WHO HAVE (I) MADE AT LEAST 5 POSTS ON FLYERTALK AND (II) BEEN MEMBERS FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS. SEE THIS POST FOR EXPLANATION.

A few FlyerTalkers with access to ExpertFlyer are willing to use their subscriptions to look up availability for fellow FTers. Please note that ExpertFlyer offers free 5-day trials, and subscriptions are reasonably priced at US$4.99 per month for a Basic account and US$9.99 per month (US$99.99 per year) for a Premium account; consider subscribing as opposed to posting in this thread.

If you would like to request availability, as long as you have been a FlyerTalk member for at least 30 days and have made at least 5 posts, please include in your post:
  • Route (e.g. YYC-YYZ)
  • Date (e.g. September 5)
  • Flight number (e.g. 142)

Note that EF searches are by route and by date (see this post for details).
Print Wikipost

[LIMITED ACCESS] The Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by yyznomad
@CanadianMike

Updated:
I just checked AC309 and AC33 for June 23 and at this juncture:

AC309 is R6
AC33 is R7
I find myself confused that AC309 is not showing any I or X class in EF. What am I doing wrong?
Old May 22, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I find myself confused that AC309 is not showing any I or X class in EF. What am I doing wrong?
I'm looking at BCD. I don't have an EF account and haven't had one in awhile.
My understanding has always been EF and other tools do not show actual AP reward space such as X and I classes.
Can you find any Air Canada flight that shows I or X in EF? If so, then either it's new or I just never knew about it that functionality/feature.

Hence many here simply go by R availability to inform potential (read: not guaranteed) I availability.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm looking at BCD. I don't have an EF account and haven't had one in awhile.
My understanding has always been EF and other tools do not show actual AP reward space such as X and I classes.
Can you find any Air Canada flight that shows I or X in EF? If so, then either it's new or I just never knew about it that functionality/feature.

Hence many here simply go by R availability to inform potential (read: not guaranteed) I availability.
Attached Images  
Old May 22, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: SE 100K
@CanadianMike
From anecdotal evidence (because nobody here has actual proof, that I am aware of), R inventory is a relatively good indicator (but not necessarily exact) of I class availability (AP J rewards).
And this has nothing to do with EF per se... it's just that EF allows us to see these numbers, no different than the BCD Availability tool as per this thread's wiki.

Updated:
I just checked AC309 and AC33 for June 23 and at this juncture:

AC309 is R6
AC33 is R7
Appreciate it. I guess there's no way to know if / when that space will open and appear on the AE website to book?
Old May 22, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@WaytoomuchEurope
Thanks, TIL.

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Appreciate it. I guess there's no way to know if / when that space will open and appear on the AE website to book?
Without a tool like EF (assuming you can put alerts on I/X, which it looks like you can from WTME's screenshot)? I don't know of any other way other than calling in every day. Other reward booking experts may be able to chime in on this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:44 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
@WaytoomuchEurope
Thanks, TIL.

Without a tool like EF (assuming you can put alerts on I/X, which it looks like you can from WTME's screenshot)? I don't know of any other way other than calling in every day. Other reward booking experts may be able to chime in on this.
Frankly that was my primary motivator for purchasing EF originally.

I now rely more on KVS for reward / mini-RTW planning and EF more for tactical purposes while travelling but if you really want to plan reward flights, having one of these tools will make your life a little simpler.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Frankly that was my primary motivator for purchasing EF originally.

I now rely more on KVS for reward / mini-RTW planning and EF more for tactical purposes while travelling but if you really want to plan reward flights, having one of these tools will make your life a little simpler.
Oh yes, I forgot about KVS. I used it a long time ago (mid-2000s) for a few years and quite liked it.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
@CanadianMike
From anecdotal evidence (because nobody here has actual proof, that I am aware of), R inventory is a relatively good indicator (but not necessarily exact) of I class availability (AP J rewards).
And this has nothing to do with EF per se... it's just that EF allows us to see these numbers, no different than the BCD Availability tool as per this thread's wiki.
Ugh I wrote up a reply on the train, but apparently the tunnel prevented it from getting posted.

R is a good indicator of IKK space. The only relation to I is that R >> I. R9 I0 is common. R0 I>0 is exceptionally rare. Yes, lots of R is a better sign than no R, but for a non-SE, I don't think it's a particularly useful fare class to bother checking.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ugh I wrote up a reply on the train, but apparently the tunnel prevented it from getting posted.

R is a good indicator of IKK space. The only relation to I is that R >> I. R9 I0 is common. R0 I>0 is exceptionally rare. Yes, lots of R is a better sign than no R, but for a non-SE, I don't think it's a particularly useful fare class to bother checking.
Fair enough. ^
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:39 pm

eUpgrade availability AC 116, AC 186 August 12, 2019

Hi Flyers,

Just wondering if anyone can check the availability of eUpgrades (economy to business) for AC116 and AC186 on August 12, 2019 for me?

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ACFlyer90
Hi Flyers,

Just wondering if anyone can check the availability of eUpgrades (economy to business) for AC116 and AC186 on August 12, 2019 for me?

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

I assume you were looking for this info?

AC 116: J8 C7 D7 Z6 P2 R0 O3 E3 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V5 W3 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0

AC 186: J9 C9 D9 Z9 P5 R0 O3 E3 N1 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q6 V3 W1 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0

And this would be the thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...thread-17.html
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:52 pm

Thanks - I really appreciate it.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CanadianMike

From the other thread:

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Yea mine is AC118 on December 11th so feel free to check the loads for me if you have a moment!
Will be (attempting) to upgrade with my own points.

AC 118 0 YVR 12/11/19 14:10 YYZ 12/11/19 21:27 789
Daily
65% / 17m J6 C6 D3 Z1 P0 R0 O9 E9 N9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H6 Q1 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0
24left likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Thank you good sir!
Old Dec 26, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Can someone check EF for me?

AC7795 (operated by EVAS) leaving YYT at 5:05pm for YDF.

Let me know what the Y availability looks like. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.