Search

No YQ waiver? What gives?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No YQ waiver? What gives?

Trying to book a reward for next July.

SE status, and will be next year too when a few flights clear. I get quoted a total of $960 for an I itinerary to Europe.

What gives? Do I pay and then complain?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Perhaps a stupid question, but AC metal?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Please give us an update on this when resolved...
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Oh, I wonder if they are planning to take it away effective Jan 1st for those who don't requalify, vs. March 1st (like the 100% bonus miles)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:03 pm
alc

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Oh, I wonder if they are planning to take it away effective Jan 1st for those who don't requalify, vs. March 1st (like the 100% bonus miles)
since they only start this in March 1st, so I would think this one will last until end of Feb.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Perhaps a stupid question, but AC metal?
100%.

BTW I booked another reward on the phone today, one of these that cannot be done on aeroplan.com. For Feb. AC+another airline. Not an issue.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:13 pm

I thought YQ waiver only worked by calling in? That's what the (new?) fine print says...
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by visitor
I thought YQ waiver only worked by calling in? That's what the (new?) fine print says...
I have booked online with YQ waiver in the past
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Incidentally it appears to do that for whatever I try. First page has the "taxes" correct. Next, the YQ is added, and the message says that it's unable to display a full breakdown. And to fo to "my rewards" to see it.

I tried the same itinerary for which I had booked another reward a couple of weeks ago and with no YQ, that one to South America. Does the same thing.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Sounds like yet another IT issue. It never ends.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So I tried again this morning. also on an ipad. Same thing.

I phoned, asked if I should just pay and ten ask for a refund. Lady said she would do it for me. Had to put me on hold while getting the booking fee waved.

She suspected it had something to do with the new stuff put in place to limit the number of priority rewards. Which has to do with access, not fees. But then how can we/therm trust these geniuses?

(My third priority reward in so many days. But then my account is now pretty bare... nice clean up before tomorrow devaluation.)

Ah, Lise the token Quebecer...
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
I made a booking on Saturday night for my sister, while I was a little under the influence. I didn't notice that they had charged YQ until I read this thread. I called in and they said they would refund the YQ. Will post again when the refund actually comes through.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
I made a booking on Saturday night for my sister, while I was a little under the influence.
Cautionary tale.
balexis likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
I am a SE that will become P25k Mar 1, 2016. I just did a mock booking on aeroplan.com and I still have the YQ wiaver for international flights.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
That was quick, I received email confirmation that the refund has been processed. Now here is hoping that it posts to my card...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.