Wiki Posts
Search

AC and CX business class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 119394
Hello,

I flew AC J before from YYZ to HKG before but not CX. How does AC business class compare to CX business? I ask because I just did an online booking and CX is over $1K cheaper than AC (May 17 / 26, 2016, YOW to HKG). Both lowest fare. Thanks in advance.

Ron
I flew the AC 777 to Vancouver (it goes on to Sydney), with pods.

The pods are smaller in both dimensions yet there are fewer of them in J. FA are not as nice.

No idea how.

Also they cowtow to their Super Elite and even if you are in paid J and they upgraded from coach, they get first dibs on food.

CX woudl be worth it if more, at $1,000 less there is no question.
CX, not a concern.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I flew the AC 777 to Vancouver (it goes on to Sydney), with pods.

The pods are smaller in both dimensions yet there are fewer of them in J. FA are not as nice.

No idea how.

Also they cowtow to their Super Elite and even if you are in paid J and they upgraded from coach, they get first dibs on food.

CX woudl be worth it if more, at $1,000 less there is no question.
CX, not a concern.
The upgrade isn't free-they must buy a higher fare class for A CHANCE to upgrade.
Why is it wrong to treat repeat customers better than one off customers?
(also, I have done SYD/MEL-HKG-YVR v.v on CX, though, it would be very time consuming, if I did not have to stopover in HKG.)
(also, I have got my orders relatively quickly on AC, as a *G.)
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:10 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
But being based in Canada, I just booked a YUL-HKG on December 8 to 13,
$ Cdn 5225 on CX , compared to $ Cdn 6685 on AC with their Z fare.
The Cathay I fare is the same as the Air Canada Z fare... you probably got caught up in something higher for the 13 Dec on your air canada quote as that flight is already rather full.

The issue here with OP and the entire thread is more of a # of seats left for sale vs the airlines not being priced accordingly to each other.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: SQ KF
Just wanted to find out how AC fares now with the new J seats on their B773ER/B787 compared to CX. CX food portions seem to be shrinking. Will be redeeming with miles.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tshep
Just wanted to find out how AC fares now with the new J seats on their B773ER/B787 compared to CX. CX food portions seem to be shrinking. Will be redeeming with miles.

A few of us fly both.
Can you be more specific with your questions.
Thanks.

Otherwise....
Food portions shrinking everywhere, it's a matter of perspective
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AC*E35
Just flew CX to HKG via Chicago. Take CX any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

Service is generally exceptional compared to AC. Food is comparable if not better. I dunno after a full lunch/dinner with appy dessert cheese I'm pretty stuffed.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: SQ KF
Thanks. Was wondering how the seats compare. I've flown CX J a few times and found the seat comfortable enough (I'm 1.75m and US shoe size 9). Is side sleeping possible on AC?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Thanks. Was wondering how the seats compare. I've flown CX J a few times and found the seat comfortable enough (I'm 1.75m and US shoe size 9). Is side sleeping possible on AC?

Not sure which route you are looking to compare. AC uses different versions of the 77s. YYZ-HKG are the 777-200LR

See wiki on the top of the page of this thread for more info on routes.
Of course, there are changes and last-minute swaps

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-777-a-78.html

As for seats, I just did back-to-back YYZ-HKG on both CX and AC. Twice.

CX pods are vastly more comfortable - for me - in both the sitting and sleeping positions. The CX tray table stores away under the side shelf. The AC table does not recess, only folds and retracts. As such, turning to side-sleep, my legs hits the table which was seriously annoying.

Oddly, having flown the same design on the AC 788/9s on TPAC and TATL routes, I and others found more space in the pods there than on (some of) the refurbished 777s.

Discussion here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...87-j-pods.html

The only other comment I would add is people choose the carrier based on any combination of: price, flight times, seat type, seat location, meal quality, service, connections, lounges and so on.

I have my preferences on various routes as does everyone else. I found just the recent series that CX was superior on many things, AC had its advantages.

If you need additional details, let us know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.