Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan not showing Air China award space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Aeroplan website has a strange glitch. No Air China award space is currently shown in any class on any route. However, the calendar still shows yellow squares on dates when it's available, but does not show the actual flights. ANA shows them fine. Any idea what's going on? Are the flights bookable by phone?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:05 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Wow, just checked the same flights I booked two weeks ago (CTU-SHA-PVG-CTU) and I see the same as you - no Air China flights are showing.

I'm wondering if there is a big issue there; I redeemed my flights on Nov 5th, and noticed that 6 days later they had disappeared, and weren't even in the "Your Rewards" section.

When I called in, I was told that somehow all my Air China segments has disappeared and it was an empty unticketed PNR... although it still existed as a valid empty PNR. They had to manually re-add each segment, and re-sent it to ticketing.

Thankfully it does show as ticketed, now!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
A year ago when booking online with AE for Air China, they had a hard time securing tickets. After a few weeks of dealing with this, AC ended up buying 2 Z fares on Air China. They said it was an ongoing problem due to the IT issues and ticketing requirements...
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Interesting - thanks for sharing your experiences. Now that I think about it, I haven't received the Aeroplan official confirmation. It's been about a week or so since I booked the flights.

Although, using checkmytrip site, or partner airlines (e.g., TG's site), it still shows.

Guess I'll call AP tomorrow.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
AE could probably solve this by shutting down their website for 5-7 hours each night for maint.......... oh wait they already try that.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:23 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
AE could probably solve this by shutting down their website for 5-7 hours each night for maint.......... oh wait they already try that.
Well, it's the next step after shutting it down - deploying new changes. Or in the case of AC/AP, coding directly on the website.

I'm sure they schedule the shutdown, realize it'll take them week to fix the issue instead of 5-7 hours, and just crack some beers.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
AE seems to have some weird issues with CA ticketing.

A couple of months ago, I tried to book an itinerary that included CA PEK-SIN. It showed up okay online. Selected the flight. Wouldn't let me book.

Replace CA PEK-SIN with SQ PEK-SIN, and suddenly the button to book goes active again.

And then about a month ago, booked online (and then flew) an itinerary that includes CA SIN-PEK, no problems.

They never cease to find new says to boggle the mind.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:41 am

This Air China issue has been an ongoing for over a year and not only with Aeroplan but with United as-well.

At one point last year... to prevent further problems, Air Canada removed all Air China award space from their systems for the time being. Sounds like that's happened again.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:32 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Well, glad I'm not the only one who had issues - and happy I both booked my tickets on CA right away, and didn't trust AP without a follow-up
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Anybody experience CA cancelling the award tickets with no reason?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
Cannot Redeem on Air China award flight

Hi.
I'd like to ask regarding cannot book CA(Air China) since I am stuck in the middle of booking my itinerary.

As we have known, Air China route had been removed on Aeroplan web.
When I do googling, I noticed It is not only my issue.

Although Someone said It can be booked by Call center, I failed to proceed it right before through service center.

Does anyone have in trouble with it?
I can certainly find out there is availability by ANA tool or United.com.
I was told Call center also cannot proceed if there is itinerary included at least one Air China route. Due to some techinical issue, Aeroplan Blocked it
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Have you called Aeroplan and tried to book an itinerary with a CA segment?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
Yes. I tried yesterday.

The associate said she also cannot proceed itinerary included CA segment.
I am wondering is it only her mistake or real. though.

But I didn't call once again since the waiting time is so long.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
You're right, I don't seem to see CA segments anymore.

Wanted to try out CA (never been on CA) in of the segments, guess it's no longer possible.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lcpteck
You're right, I don't seem to see CA segments anymore.

Wanted to try out CA (never been on CA) in of the segments, guess it's no longer possible.
You may try and ask an agent to do a direct booking. I just successfully booked a SHA-Pek on ca today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.