Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan not showing Air China award space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan not showing Air China award space

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by 24left
There may be information for you in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ard-space.html
Thanks.

I can redeem Air China tickets from AP phone line at the end of last year. Just cannot redeem through website. But this year, I cannot even redeem through AP phone line.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: AC 1MM/SE 100K, MR Lifetime Premiere Plat, Hyatt Globalist
How is it legal for Air China not to allow *any* redemption from Aeroplan? I understand not releasing space in J/F that some airlines do, I understand even releasing less Y space, but simply not releasing any space, ever? Either OP (or the agent they talked to) is wrong, or Air China is on its way out of *A...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AP
when I use united.com or ANA, all air china spaces show up.
Just not from AP.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:02 am

Very odd issue indeed

Super glad I was able to see and book CA space in Sep/Oct 2015 for July/Aug 2016
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Just a heads up if anyone is in this situation---
we just flew on AE tickets J class Air China from MEL-PEK-CDG. It took us 2 hrs to transit PEK! It was 6am arrival in PEK and already International transit line had at least 100 people in. By the time we got to the front there were probably 200-300 behind us. Then we took the escalator down into security chaos!! They even had 2 lines moving in opposite directions within the same roped area. We were in J so were near first off our flight. I can't image how long it took for those in Y to transit!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by aionesu
How is it legal for Air China not to allow *any* redemption from Aeroplan? I understand not releasing space in J/F that some airlines do, I understand even releasing less Y space, but simply not releasing any space, ever? Either OP (or the agent they talked to) is wrong, or Air China is on its way out of *A...
Air China is releasing losts of space, its available for booking to anyone but Aeroplan.

Your questions should be: Is it legal for Aeroplan to withhold CA space available to every other mileage program?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I used to see tonnes of CA space, I recently noticed this issue as well, just assumed it's a glitch much like the CM glitch of a couple years past. It'll get fixed, but who knows who long it'll take.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:06 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I used to see tonnes of CA space, I recently noticed this issue as well, just assumed it's a glitch much like the CM glitch of a couple years past. It'll get fixed, but who knows who long it'll take.
Well, CA has been gone since November (with the exception of a 2-3 week window), so we're at almost 7 months now.

As rankourabu identified, it's not an issue with CA, but rather AP. They've used the excuse of "disappearing tickets" which is almost valid (rather, AP doesn't ticket them and you needed to monitor your tickets _very_ carefully), but I suspect it's just a matter of this being a low priority for them. And... to cover their asses for not providing CA space.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:49 am

I booked my mRTW in mid-Sep 2015 with CA availability (PEK-HKG, TPE-PEK), lucky me
Old May 2, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
This is getting ridiculous.
My perfect itin is available with the exception of one CA leg.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by zoobtoob
This is getting ridiculous.
My perfect itin is available with the exception of one CA leg.
I'm in the same boat. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE Aeroplan.
Old May 28, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Aeroplan?! ...?!
Old May 28, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
I am just surprised that how come there is no answer from Aeroplane or Air Canada about non-redeem ability on Air China flights....
Old May 28, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by lespoir
I am just surprised that how come there is no answer from Aeroplane or Air Canada about non-redeem ability on Air China flights....
If you're waiting for Aeroplan or Air Canada to respond to you here, I hope you brought a book, you're going to be waiting a while...
Old May 29, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by lespoir
Because no one at AC/AE gives a *&^(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.