Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The main meal looks alright. What did you think?

Also, how was your Y-style breakfast?
The Y brekkie was delicious!

I usually ask for the tray with an extra fruit serving, can't stand the stench of the omelete.

The main J meals were delicious, the chicken was NOT rubbery at all. Found the tenderloin a tad salty but none the less, licked both plates clean. I never have the cup noodles anymore, I bring my own (which gets me the dirtiest of looks as everyone is now super jealous).
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Premium Economy meal service

What is the PE meal service like for both NA transcons and international? Is international the business menu, economy, or its own menu?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
What is the PE meal service like for both NA transcons and international? Is international the business menu, economy, or its own menu?
I can only speak to the international menue: it was significantly better in PE compared to E for the first meal; They served the business class salad, a business class entree and a dessert along some more premium beverages. On this first meal there is "real" glassware and cutlery provided. Second meal was more in line with E, including plastic "glassware" & cutlery. I reviewd it once a couple of years back: https://flight-report.com/en/report/...HR_Calgary_YYC
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You might get the "domestic" J meal in NA PY, but it's not the same as what they're serving in J on the same flight.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Here is a thread related to International.
Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers
When I have flown PY and checked the menus ahead of time, I did NOT get a PY menu of two of the four J meals. The PY meals internationally have been similar to Rouge J meals, though.
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:56 pm

Here's a breakfast and lunch tray.
YVR-YYZ earlier this year.

Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I can't commend on flights to Europe but across the Pacific AC has Asian meal option close to its destination. ie AC offered pork chop with rice and stew egg for TPE-YVR. For YVR-YYZ, it's well above Y with a medium size entree, either chicken or pasta.

In fact I rank AC's Y+ above some airlines J in narrow bodies (those I have flown), such as AM, AV and US3 with recliner seats.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
On YHZ - LHR and YYZ-KEF-YYZ
same snack as Y after departure.
J breakfast before landing.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Here is a thread related to International.
Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers
When I have flown PY and checked the menus ahead of time, I did NOT get a PY menu of two of the four J meals. The PY meals internationally have been similar to Rouge J meals, though.
This has been my experience as well for both TATL and TPAC. My wife's choice of 4 J items was always different from my kid and I's choice of 2 PY items.

Second PY meal was the same as Y.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
This has been my experience as well for both TATL and TPAC. My wife's choice of 4 J items was always different from my kid and I's choice of 2 PY items.

Second PY meal was the same as Y.
The second meal, at least TATL, is not a meal. Its a hot montys thing that you either love or hate (its ridiculously unhealthy) or a tiny dry piece of banana bread.

Comes with juice, coffee, water. In plastic cup.

I actually found a photo of the back of the Montys delight that I took a while back. Its not as high in salt as I thought... fats a bit excessive though.

Diabeetus likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jc94

The second meal, at least TATL, is not a meal. Its a hot montys thing that you either love or hate (its ridiculously unhealthy) or a tiny dry piece of banana bread.

Comes with juice, coffee, water. In plastic cup.

I actually found a photo of the back of the Montys delight that I took a while back. Its not as high in salt as I thought... fats a bit excessive though.

I've had both. Sadly I like the hot and salty Monty's more than the oily Banana bread.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AC SE
AC864 - YUL-LHR - Dec. 13th 2018

The only meal I had on this flight was a mini bottle of JW Black so I apologize for the absence of pictures. Notes at the bottom of the menu indicate that this menu applies for AC823, 828, 848, 850, 854, 856, 858, 864, 870, 880.

Last edited by jasdou; Dec 18, 2018 at 9:08 am
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE
AC865 - LHR-YUL - Dec. 15th 2018

I had the chicken breast:

The chicken breast was decent, not fatty/stringy like we often see. Vegetables were overcooked and the rice was mushy. The green salad was nice and fresh. I liked the abricot tart but I question the description as it obviously had some cherry-flavored layer at the bottom. Bread was crap.

Notes at the bottom of the menu indicate that this menu applies for AC823, 849, 857, 859, 861 and 865.
24left likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is there a NA PY meals thread?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Is there a NA PY meals thread?

Step 1 Air Canada Meals - Master Thread

Step 2 Air Canada Meals for North American Premium Economy Class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.