Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: [FARE GONE] AC Website Glitch - sub $300 from North America to Europe and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: [FARE GONE] AC Website Glitch - sub $300 from North America to Europe and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 4:45 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Looking only at the BOS-CDG fare, my guess would be they dropped a 0.
I remember several years ago when a major European airline filed a mistake by dropping a zero on a long-haul F fare. When they became aware of it, they immediately fixed it.

By dropping 2 more zeros.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Ah I didn't realize that.
Missed another one?
People have learned not to post these deals on FT very quickly or the wrong people find out. By the way its not the first time in 12 months flights to Europe didn't have YQ charges.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by flybit
Missed another one?
People have learned not to post these deals on FT very quickly or the wrong people find out. By the way its not the first time in 12 months flights to Europe didn't have YQ charges.
There have been a lot of these. I wish my schedule for March would make itself known so I could actually buy one
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Based on past outcomes, it's not safe to post AC/AP mistake fares in this forum because they actively monitor it.
That must be the reason why they have no time to monitor their own systems or staff.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
a bit concerned as AC shareholder, hopefully the loss isn't too bad :P
Then fire your subordinates. Let others know that all complains regarding AC shortcomings should be directed towards you, the owner, from now on.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:19 am

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that YQ-less fares should in fact be around, given the price of oil!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flybit
Missed another one?
I'm not sure how not realizing that you didn't need to originate in the US would have any impact on me "missing" anything, since I live in the US.

I don't fly Y. I certainly don't buy Tango. This was a good deal, but not a deal I was interested in.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I don't fly Y. I certainly don't buy Tango. This was a good deal, but not a deal I was interested in.
We know you are too good for economy, and you like to pay double to AC, hard to miss that.

But this glitch saved ~$1000 off biz fares as well
I guess youre not interested in that, because it would mean $1000 less in AC's pocket
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
We know you are too good for economy, and you like to pay double to AC, hard to miss that.

But this glitch saved ~$1000 off biz fares as well
I guess youre not interested in that, because it would mean $1000 less in AC's pocket
If the cost of the flight is more than about $500, then no, I'm not interested at this time.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: All of them...
Originally Posted by yyzcdg
According to twitter. They are honouring the mistake fare.
Link?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by chff
Link?
Google around, I have seen many pictures and links... from DansDeals to Facebook groups

or simply visit AC Twitter page
https://twitter.com/aircanada

https://twitter.com/AirCanada/status/644997828603944960
@davidymhe Tickets booked online or via our call centre will be honoured. /cl
Old Sep 20, 2015, 7:44 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This was a very quick correction by AC, unlike the 2 days of the West Plus FP, so I'm not surprised they're going to be honouring them. Although once again the forums and bloggers quick broadcast it, there was probably a 20-25 minute window it was active - I'd say it was a low number of people who managed to claim this.

Another tweet, with the exact price, etc., confirmed by AC: https://twitter.com/AirCanada/status/644997802548985856
Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Absolute
there was probably a 20-25 minute window it was active - I'd say it was a low number of people who managed to claim this.
The window was much longer - but as soon as it was blogged/FTed, one knew you had minutes to act.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:05 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The window was much longer - but as soon as it was blogged/FTed, one knew you had minutes to act.
What time did it start at? Curious as to how far in I managed to book.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:21 pm

Curios also
didn't know if there were places earlier than FTMR thread...

FT's FTMR thread @ 12:51 was 1st I saw of this, then within minutes SF/TFD tweets came in, etc...
It died around 2 pm I think (DansDeals posts about 2 pm)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.