Search

Facebook / Google login

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Based on my understanding of how AE stores passwords, this scares the pants off of me. I would avoid using this feature.

wat
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:32 pm

You know what? Every time you log in with FB, your friends will see on your FB page of your visit to Aeroplan !!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveche
You know what? Every time you log in with FB, your friends will see on your FB page of your visit to Aeroplan !!
That's why I use Google.

No one will see anything
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's why I use Google.

No one will see anything

there's no sneak thing going to your circles or google+? oh wait...no one uses that thing.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knotseh
there's no sneak thing going to your circles or google+? oh wait...no one uses that thing.
That was my point

But no, the Google auth doesn't give them permission to post or see your circles.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I guess facebook gains something for their targeted advertising by knowing what you're signed up for, but I don't need all these facebook logins. Yea sure remembering passwords/logins can be a huge pain, but it's just as much of a pain to have my facebook account with 15 different apps all notifying me of stuff I don't care about and constantly keeping me logged into everything.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I guess facebook gains something for their targeted advertising by knowing what you're signed up for, but I don't need all these facebook logins. Yea sure remembering passwords/logins can be a huge pain, but it's just as much of a pain to have my facebook account with 15 different apps all notifying me of stuff I don't care about and constantly keeping me logged into everything.
I'd never do it with Facebook for that reason.....Only Google since I trust their 2-step implementation and security practices better than facebook.
But I see what you're saying...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.