Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Op-ups and how they work

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Originally Posted by drvannostren

As far as hovering goes, that stinks, I hate waiting around the gate, who knows maybe I've missed op-ups. My co-worker seems to get voluntary bump offers a lot too whereas I don't, could be the fact he was travelling on Thursdays and mine was Tuesdays, could be he waits at the gate earlier than I do, could be blind luck. Oh well.

Speaking to the procedure of holding a new BP. It depends on the agent remembering the names I think. There's clearly some sort of IT alert they get but it doesn't always get through to them. I've been stopped on boarding saying "oh we've got a new boarding pass for you" with my upgrades, but there was also an occasion I got on board, sat down in 12C only to have someone else with the same seat then the agent came down and said to me "oh you're in 3A, sorry I should've caught you up top".
As only a P25K, or semi-frequent flyer compared to most of you guys on this forum...i don't have lounge access by default. It doesn't bother me much since I try not to stay at the airport for long periods of times before my flights (unless i'm checking luggage or connecting)
Perhaps my op-ups have only cleared because SE's haven't come by the desk for their op-up since I don't usually get called up till under 5 minutes before boarding.
hey thank guys!

Also for lounges - makes sense....they want it to be a tranquil/peaceful place rather than the regular terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.