Search

YYZ MLL (Domestic) T1 shower

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
YYZ MLL (Domestic) T1 shower

Hi There,

I am taking the red-eye next week from YEG-YYZ. Is there an arrivals lounge where I can shower and maybe press a suit so I don't need to dress in my suit to sleep?

I have taken the redeye before but always booked 11am start for meetings. I am delta P+ and I can usually check in at 8-30 so I can shower and change before heading out, but I have an 8AM meeting this time that I cannot re-arrange.

Thanks,
D.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:37 pm
Used to be '076753k'

Programs: AirCanada*G
"Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, Elite 50K and Elite 35K members and their qualifying guests * enjoy the additional privilege of access to the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge upon arriving at airports in Canada."

With your E75 and I gather an AC flight from YEG to YYZ you will have no problem getting in.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 076753k
"Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, Elite 50K and Elite 35K members and their qualifying guests * enjoy the additional privilege of access to the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge upon arriving at airports in Canada."

With your E75 and I gather an AC flight from YEG to YYZ you will have no problem getting in.
I'm not worried about getting in. I am just wondering if there are showers and an iron in the T1 MLL.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:57 pm

I've taken the YEG-YYZ red eye several times and was able to make use of the YYZ shower facilities upon arrival. Depending on how busy it is you might have to wait (I usually haven't had to wait).

Not sure about an iron.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEG USER
I've taken the YEG-YYZ red eye several times and was able to make use of the YYZ shower facilities upon arrival. Depending on how busy it is you might have to wait (I usually haven't had to wait).

Not sure about an iron.
In the T1 domestic lounge? I never noticed showers there.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danapop
In the T1 domestic lounge? I never noticed showers there.
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...locations.html

All YYZ lounges have showers.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by 076753k

Does it work also for *A Gold or does one have to have status with AC?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by erik19283
Does it work also for *A Gold or does one have to have status with AC?
It depends...

If you are connecting in YYZ and want to use the MLL shower, then you can use the shower/lounge as you are entitled to access as a departing pax on the connecting flight.

If you are terminating in YYZ then you must be an AC Altitude member to use the MLL as an arrivals lounge.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
As mentioned by other posters all MLL in YYZ have showers. The domestic ones are located in the back near the BMW TV room.

I don't believe they have an iron (fire hazard), however I have found de wrinkle spray (that you can buy at the grocery store) to be pretty good for de wrinkling clothes when I travel.

Failing that, leave your suit in the shower room while you shower. That should get rid of any serious wrinkles.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Yes you can shower - you should rush from your flight to the MLL and immediately ask the front desk for a shower as there will likely be a wait list, sometimes of 30-50 minutes!! So it's imperative that you're first from your flight.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I'm doing a domestic red-eye to YYZ in October, and need to shower in the am when I arrive at 0530 before a conference.

As a SE100k, can I access the MLL on arrival to shower?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I'm doing a domestic red-eye to YYZ in October, and need to shower in the am when I arrive at 0530 before a conference.

As a SE100k, can I access the MLL on arrival to shower?
Yes.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Are the showers generally well-kept and clean, or gross?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jcamp028
Are the showers generally well-kept and clean, or gross?
The last time I used a YYZ lounge on a connection, many years ago, it was clean. No recent experience though.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
As long as they give you a room that's actually been cleaned and has a fresh towel, they're clean.

I prefer the MLL showers to my own bathroom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.