Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ > HKG upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by 119394
Hi,

Booking a flight to HKG on Oct 20, return Oct 29. I understand this route is very difficult for upgrade especially for an E25 like myself. However, still wonder what is the chance to buy a Latitude fare for the aerolotto draw? Even Upgrade can be requested right the way but am I pretty much get the same chance as buying a lower class fare?

Thanks
Ron
Have you checked if there is upgrade space on AC163 to YVR to connect to AC7 to HKG instead?

You can also consider CX Premium Economy for about C$2,667 return all-in. YOW-YYZ code share operated by WS.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC*SE HHgold
In April, my father in law with no status flying Tango class on a Tuesday flight was offered LMU for $1300 when he checked in online around T-20. The total cost was about $2000 (one way). It is more expensive than latitude and no guarantee but does not need eUG.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Dorian
I'd be all over PY like a crazy person....and change my return to the 28th.
I would second this approach if you have the extra 6 hours to spare. It gives you the peace of mind that you won't be stuck in economy if your upgrade doesn't go through and you don't have LMUs - you'd still be in premium economy. Also, you earn more AQM - about 16,000 AQM. Could help you get up to "E35K" next year if that is a goal

YYZ-YVR would be booked in "B" class which is equivalent to latitude and you could probably do an instant eupgrade there using 2 eupgrade credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.