Wiki Posts
Search

eupgrades for flight pass purchase

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

eupgrades for flight pass purchase

Hi

Bought a new flight pass Aug 16th and still havent received my eupgrades for eligible flight pass purchase.

This is my second flight pass this year....do you only get e-upgrades for the first one or for each one?

thanks
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by llbean
Hi

Bought a new flight pass Aug 16th and still havent received my eupgrades for eligible flight pass purchase.

This is my second flight pass this year....do you only get e-upgrades for the first one or for each one?

thanks
For each one. Just takes a few (IIRC 3?) weeks to post.

Gotta love AC IT
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I inquired about the same recently. Cow's 3-week approximate is the consensus.

I bought my first flight pass this week too.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I had this issue somewhat recently. I complained to AC on twitter after waiting a month or so (at cow's suggestion). I complained again on twitter after waiting another week. They manually credited the eups to me, and eventually the real ones showed up:

04-Aug, 2015: 12 credits added - Deposit
22-Aug, 2015: 12 credits earned - Flight Pass or Promotional Activity
24-Aug, 2015: 12 credits cancelled - Deposit

I should have spent them!!! I had two days to do it. lol.

That was for a flight pass purchased June 25th.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hi

thanks
I have purchased a ton of FPs... as the others have said, it takes awhile... a few weeks, but within a month's time at most.

(Yes, the latency sucks)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I have purchased a ton of FPs... as the others have said, it takes awhile... a few weeks, but within a month's time at most.

(Yes, the latency sucks)
2000 pounds of electronically generated FPs. Sounds excessive. Could not have been more than a 1/2 ton
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:49 am
Original Poster

And the upgrade I wanted is now gone waiting for this e-upgrades...

Thanks AC....really makes me want to drop another 10k on a pass!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
And the upgrade I wanted is now gone waiting for this e-upgrades...

Thanks AC....really makes me want to drop another 10k on a pass!
I know exactly what you mean.

The eUpgrades you are supposed to receive for the thing that you purchased to use them for... how ironically stupid is that? AC IT... baboons.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I had this issue somewhat recently. I complained to AC on twitter after waiting a month or so (at cow's suggestion). I complained again on twitter after waiting another week. They manually credited the eups to me, and eventually the real ones showed up:

04-Aug, 2015: 12 credits added - Deposit
24-Aug, 2015: 12 credits cancelled - Deposit

I should have spent them!!! I had two days to do it. lol.

That was for a flight pass purchased June 25th.
My experience was somewhat similar. I bought a flight pass on June 18. After waiting 6 weeks (!), I finally gave up and called in to get the credits. I was told there was a problem with the automated system, and they would manually add the credits. As a result of this thread, I just checked my account, and saw the following transactions:

30-Jul, 2015: 12 credits added - Deposit
24-Aug, 2015: 5 credits cancelled - Flight Pass or Promotional Activity
24-Aug, 2015: 7 credits cancelled - Flight Pass or Promotional Activity

The automated system eventually did kick in, more than two months after the FP purchase.

I have found in the past that the concierge can book an upgrade for me if I don't have enough eUps but know that I have some eUpgrade credits coming (in the case where I did this, I was only short a couple of eUps).
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
My experience was somewhat similar. I bought a flight pass on June 18. After waiting 6 weeks (!), I finally gave up and called in to get the credits. I was told there was a problem with the automated system, and they would manually add the credits. As a result of this thread, I just checked my account, and saw the following transactions:

30-Jul, 2015: 12 credits added - Deposit
24-Aug, 2015: 5 credits cancelled - Flight Pass or Promotional Activity
24-Aug, 2015: 7 credits cancelled - Flight Pass or Promotional Activity

The automated system eventually did kick in, more than two months after the FP purchase.

I have found in the past that the concierge can book an upgrade for me if I don't have enough eUps but know that I have some eUpgrade credits coming (in the case where I did this, I was only short a couple of eUps).
Or call air Canada and the resource desk can add them manually for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.