Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SD upgrades PAX after door close

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by adam.smith
Nothing cheapens the J cabin like filling it with AC staff, especially when they're clearly not supposed to be there (i.e. upgraded after take-off).

I think that's what's getting people so unhappy in this thread. The eUp program was gutted and FFs were told we were cheapening the J cabin, now it seems to have lots more AC staff, and sometimes they're getting up there as a favour from the SD rather than as a contractual entitlement. That sends a very bad message to the paying customers.
^

FWIW - If I saw a SE-MM being upgraded by the SD after the doors close, I wouldn't pay too much attention.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
The premise that it always must be an Employee....
Personally I cringe when Super Elite Million Milers are seated in the back when there is ample space in J, but these are the rules as mandated by Company policy, and I play by them. It's posts like these that prohibit people like myself from even contemplating and extending a discreet and appreciative one off gesture to a valued Customer.
i have had SD's upgrade me 'in the air' from NRT twice. They recognised my status and mentioned it.

I think its just good customer service. If this was logged and reason/name/AP number given, would it be allowed or the SD would get into trouble ?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Maybe this issue needs a thread like they do with meals indicating:

Date, Flight, Seat # that psgrs were upgraded to

Perhaps this might help AC check out the circumstances
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by ffsim
+100000000

Although, truth be told, a group of 4 FAs walked right passed me and into Y when I was in a mostly empty A330 mini-J cabin last week. Their bags, on the other hand, stayed in the J bins
On any other aircraft, that might be inconsiderate. On the A330, that's a good use of space.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
This has happened to me twice.

Once SFO/YVR...the door hadn't closed, but boarding was complete. The SD came back and asked me by name for an "in-house upgrade". He grabbed my bag from the overhead bin and brought me up front.

He told me all the SE and E on the entire flight had already been upgraded and he wanted to give me an opportunity as a Prestige to ride up front.

I posted this here when it happened, and most FAs that commented said that is was likely because the SD thought I was cute :-)

The second time was when YVR-KIX was still mainline and I did a mileage run with a fuel dump (so I paid less than $400). I was studying at the time, and had sparked a conversation with the SD. After the meal and the lights went out, he came and told me to move up to the front.

He even handwrote my name in on the manifest for some reason and introduced me to the FA running a very empty Exec First cabin. It was amazing.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by YVR72
This has happened to me twice.

Once SFO/YVR...the door hadn't closed, but boarding was complete. The SD came back and asked me by name for an "in-house upgrade". He grabbed my bag from the overhead bin and brought me up front.

He told me all the SE and E on the entire flight had already been upgraded and he wanted to give me an opportunity as a Prestige to ride up front.

I posted this here when it happened, and most FAs that commented said that is was likely because the SD thought I was cute :-)

The second time was when YVR-KIX was still mainline and I did a mileage run with a fuel dump (so I paid less than $400). I was studying at the time, and had sparked a conversation with the SD. After the meal and the lights went out, he came and told me to move up to the front.

He even handwrote my name in on the manifest for some reason and introduced me to the FA running a very empty Exec First cabin. It was amazing.
I began this thread because it was clear the male PAX went out of his way to explain something about the female at great length. It was all quite cordial and mostly quiet. It was soon after immediately clear someone was coming up as the IC left a towel at the empty seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.