Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading Award Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
UA J sucks enough to make me want to pay it

If you booked two one ways, you do it separately and pay twice. If you booked a round trip, you pay once, but you pay 90k miles even if you only get J one way.

Note that if you pay for J, you can also sit in PY if it's available, and request an upgrade at the airport into either cabin.
I booked the flights using a multi city reward, so I'm not sure if that is different from two one ways.
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by paying for J and sitting in PY and requesting an upgrade? could you clarify please?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mtp1980_fly
I booked the flights using a multi city reward, so I'm not sure if that is different from two one ways.
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by paying for J and sitting in PY and requesting an upgrade? could you clarify please?
If it's one booking, the entire thing is either paid for as F, J, PY, or Y. You can't upgrade "half" of it (in terms of the number of miles you pay).

If you pay with J miles, and there are no J seats, but there are PY seats, you can confirm a seat in PY.

For Air Canada operated flights, you can get yourself on the upgrade list once you get to the airport, if you're not confirmed in the cabin you're ticketed in (so if you pay for J and you're confirmed in Y or PY). Then if there are seats available, you'll get an upgrade at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.