Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Had the overhead open to put my stuff back in my bag before landing. While I'm re-packing at my seat, a SE MM decides they can't walk the extra 5 ft to the galley and instead use my open bin at 1K to place their garbage in.
??? Seriously???

Is s/he drunk or something?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Had the overhead open to put my stuff back in my bag before landing. While I'm re-packing at my seat, a SE MM decides they can't walk the extra 5 ft to the galley and instead use my open bin at 1K to place their garbage in.
I try to be calm at all times, but this one might make me flip out. Definitely would have said something
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Wow. I'm embarrassed for him.

Also, identify yourself, Mr. Dillweed SEMM
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I just boarded a 320 in J.

I'm in 3A, and the passenger who boarded just in front of me turns out to be my seatmate, sitting in 3C.

Before I could take my seat, she took some time to put two very large bags in the overhead bin, taking up all the space above both rows 3 and 4.

I put one bag in the overhead (infringing on the space for row 2) ... and because my seat mate had gone for two above, I quickly put my laptop backpack into the underseat space that's in the middle between A&C in J on these planes.

Then she started scowling at me, and that was when I saw that she still had two large bags to go. With my feet stubbornly jammed into my foot space, my seatmate stood up again and put her third large bag into the space above 2D, and reluctantly put her 4th bag into her foot space.

As I write this, pretending not to notice her, she's still scowling at me.

It's gonna be a fun flight, I can feel it in my bones
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canopus27
I just boarded a 320 in J.

I'm in 3A, and the passenger who boarded just in front of me turns out to be my seatmate, sitting in 3C.

Before I could take my seat, she took some time to put two very large bags in the overhead bin, taking up all the space above both rows 3 and 4.

I put one bag in the overhead (infringing on the space for row 2) ... and because my seat mate had gone for two above, I quickly put my laptop backpack into the underseat space that's in the middle between A&C in J on these planes.

Then she started scowling at me, and that was when I saw that she still had two large bags to go. With my feet stubbornly jammed into my foot space, my seatmate stood up again and put her third large bag into the space above 2D, and reluctantly put her 4th bag into her foot space.

As I write this, pretending not to notice her, she's still scowling at me.

It's gonna be a fun flight, I can feel it in my bones
@canopus27
Ugh. Maybe she's back
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30669132-post1016.html

Dear AC: who let her on in the first place? What were the GA's doing? Who didn't notice 4 bags?
flyquiet and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
@canopus27
Ugh. Maybe she's back
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30669132-post1016.html

Dear AC: who let her on in the first place? What were the GA's doing? Who didn't notice 4 bags?
Either that or... perhaps even worse ... there are more than one of then!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Between a movie on the iPad, one on the IFE screen, playing a game on the phone, and eating the J class pasta, someone had time to clip their nails.

I was going to post the seat/flight, but seeing as how nail clippings were going all over, perhaps the pax took care of their own mess by unknowingly reingesting some of their nail clippings that fell in their pasta?

Oh, and someone behind me can’t seem to find the right movie/show on their IFE (tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap ....)

Le Sigh....
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by doubleflier
Between a movie on the iPad, one on the IFE screen, playing a game on the phone, and eating the J class pasta, someone had time to clip their nails.

I was going to post the seat/flight, but seeing as how nail clippings were going all over, perhaps the pax took care of their own mess by unknowingly reingesting some of their nail clippings that fell in their pasta?

Oh, and someone behind me can’t seem to find the right movie/show on their IFE (tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap ....)

Le Sigh....
Looks like this person is really good at multitasking. Nail pasta is the new J dish now?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Flavoured with “bone” marrow?

thats all I got....
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:28 am
Suspended

A colleague asked me to post for him:

"I'm seated in 1F on the YUL > YSJ flight on a CRJ100 and overheard an argument in seat 1A. The person ticketed for 1C decided to take 1A as they preferred the window seat. The gent ticketed in 1A gets on and argues that he should get 1A as that was what he was ticketed for. Meanwhile the other gent initially ignores him then argues that he should get the seat since he boarded first. When that argument fails he then proceeds to make fun of the other passenger's apparent health symptoms (like Parkinson’s or similar). Meanwhile this is a 50 minute flight. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed and we took off on time.

In the end, the gentleman didn't get seat he was ticketed for. I probably should've complained but didn't want to delay flight. In hindsight I probably should've done something."

(Today's episode of Flying with Bullies was brought to you by the letters A and H)
flyquiet and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum Elite
I see all the time: Zone 1 pax putting both their bags in the overhead. It drives me mental. When I speak up, I’ll typically get something like “that’s why I board early - that’s the benefit of Zone 1”. Or something along those lines. Seriously people are not normal.
ffsim and tecate55 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:49 pm

A colleague asked me to post for him:

"I'm seated in 1F on the YUL > YSJ flight on a CRJ100 and overheard an argument in seat 1A. The person ticketed for 1C decided to take 1A as they preferred the window seat. The gent ticketed in 1A gets on and argues that he should get 1A as that was what he was ticketed for. Meanwhile the other gent initially ignores him then argues that he should get the seat since he boarded first. When that argument fails he then proceeds to make fun of the other passenger's apparent health symptoms (like Parkinson’s or similar). Meanwhile this is a 50 minute flight. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed and we took off on time.

In the end, the gentleman didn't get seat he was ticketed for. I probably should've complained but didn't want to delay flight. In hindsight I probably should've done something."

(Today's episode of Flying with Bullies was brought to you by the letters A and H)
Wow. Not sure I would use the term gent for either of these 2 (if I am reading it correctly the man denied his seat was making fun of the other's health?). Clearly people should not poach seats, but making fun of health issues? Might be a karma issue down the road for that guy.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mapleg
Wow. Not sure I would use the term gent for either of these 2 (if I am reading it correctly the man denied his seat was making fun of the other's health?). Clearly people should not poach seats, but making fun of health issues? Might be a karma issue down the road for that guy.
@mapleg

No. You read it wrong. And you are also wrong about the guy who had the BP for his seat, 1A.

1C boarded, took 1A's seat and then refused to move out of 1A's seat when 1A boarded, and then he proceeded to make fun of 1A.

1C behaved like a bully and got away with it because 1A, who was entitled to his own seat, did not fight back by going to the SD/FA and showing the BP. Others nearby did not speak out. Karma will hit 1C one day.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:11 pm

@mapleg

No. You read it wrong. And you are also wrong about the guy who had the BP for his seat, 1A.

1C boarded, took 1A's seat and then refused to move out of 1A's seat when 1A boarded, and then he proceeded to make fun of 1A.

1C behaved like a bully and got away with it because 1A, who was entitled to his own seat, did not fight back by going to the SD/FA and showing the BP. Others nearby did not speak out. Karma will hit 1C one day.
1C--What a bully. Imagine having him as your supervisor/ manager or department head.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:16 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mapleg
1C--What a bully. Imagine having him as your supervisor/ manager or department head.
Good reason to be self employed.
Twickenham likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.