Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by karachi
OK - I want to hear that story. I'm guessing a flight from a sun destination and alcohol was involved ?
Why does there need to be a story? I could get all "that guy" oppressed while male and question if I'm allowed to talk about bras and breasts and comfort of the female body, but that would be absurd. There is no indication that the act was sexual, or that the observer sexualized it.

Someone took off their bra, and did so unobtrusively.

/story
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skybluesea
Does AC have requirement in the Tariff that prohibits a change of clothing in this manner?

And does AC have policy that male or female passengers may not be topless even only at a side glance?

interesting this even warrants attention here 20 years after this SCOC decision 🙃

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.1026403
Huh?

There are lots of public spaces that don't allow anyone to be topless. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's permitted.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by skybluesea

@smallmj

Might I suggest you go to an allergist and have this formally tested because if this is a medical condition, you can contact the AirCanada medical desk and they will make provision for your seating
I wheeze, sneeze and come out in a rash with scents. Diagnosed and tested. Not anaphylaxis or life threatening - most aren't as you obviously know . Lots of people are atopic. I hold my breath the entire way through duty free in some UK airports where there isn’t an escape route from the ditzy staff clutching spray bottles.

Common sense and courtesy for those around you is all thats needed - not insisting on moving so some other unfortunate soul has to suffer.
smallmj likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Are these scent complaints (acetone aside) due to legitimate allergies or delicate sensibilities?
Irrelevant. Just because common sense and common courtesy aren't all that common anymore doesn't make it OK to subject fellow travelers to this. In addition, I have been around plenty of people who lacked the judgement of how much perfume would cover their lack of basic hygiene. The combination of the two is FAR worse than either one alone.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Why does there need to be a story? I could get all "that guy" oppressed while male and question if I'm allowed to talk about bras and breasts and comfort of the female body, but that would be absurd. There is no indication that the act was sexual, or that the observer sexualized it.

Someone took off their bra, and did so unobtrusively.

/story
as i've indicated above i am ok if someone wants to do this on a plane- i've never sat next to someone in a Y 3x3 while they did that, and assumed that the person would have wanted space/privacy to do it. lots of the "bad behaviour" reported in this thread is exactly "oppressed while SE/male/female/snob". other than the wet underwear of course.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 6:43 pm
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by JMorgana
Irrelevant. Just because common sense and common courtesy aren't all that common anymore doesn't make it OK to subject fellow travelers to this. In addition, I have been around plenty of people who lacked the judgement of how much perfume would cover their lack of basic hygiene. The combination of the two is FAR worse than either one alone.
Common courtesy is required for all parties. It's expected that people won't douse themselves in overly effluvious products. It should also be understood that a moderate amount of fragrance emanating from a fellow passenger is not something to get twisted over. As mentioned, I sympathize if there's a legitimate sensitivity or allergy.

We can all agree that a single snip of a toenail aloft is one snip too many, but I suspect many of these grievances of "passengers behaving badly" reflect more upon the tolerance of the complainant.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
YVR-YXC a few days ago, on a DH3, evening flight. After a two hour delay while they fix one of the engines (right in front of all the passengers - I've got a neat picture of the mechanic on a ladder and a garbage can below to catch fluids, presumably oil, but that is another story), we board. Guy sits in 13D (these face backwards, at the front of the plane), immediately puts his feet up on 1D (someone is already in 1F). Another passenger comes on board, sits in 13F so he has to put his feet down. That passenger didn't want to face backwards so after asking the FA moves to 1D. Guy now moves to 13F and sits sideways, with his feet on 13A. FA finally tells him he can't do that, as we're about to take off. He dozes for most of the flight.

But it gets better.

We're still about 15 minutes from landing when he wakes, gets up, and proceeds to the door of the plane and tries to open it. 1D yells at him, he stops that and I guess figures out that isn't the door to the washroom. He heads in there where he stays there until we're pretty close to landing, the FA has to tell him three times to get out because he has to be in his seat for landing. He finally gets in his seat.

Don't know if he was high, drunk or what, but it was pretty bizarre.

Last edited by PB53x11; Oct 19, 2018 at 7:40 pm Reason: botched destination airport
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by PB53x11
YVR-YXU a few days ago, on a DH3, evening flight. After a two hour delay while they fix one of the engines (right in front of all the passengers - I've got a neat picture of the mechanic on a ladder and a garbage can below to catch fluids, presumably oil, but that is another story), we board. Guy sits in 13D (these face backwards, at the front of the plane), immediately puts his feet up on 1D (someone is already in 1F). Another passenger comes on board, sits in 13F so he has to put his feet down. That passenger didn't want to face backwards so after asking the FA moves to 1D. Guy now moves to 13F and sits sideways, with his feet on 13A. FA finally tells him he can't do that, as we're about to take off. He dozes for most of the flight.

But it gets better.

We're still about 15 minutes from landing when he wakes, gets up, and proceeds to the door of the plane and tries to open it. 1D yells at him, he stops that and I guess figures out that isn't the door to the washroom. He heads in there where he stays there until we're pretty close to landing, the FA has to tell him three times to get out because he has to be in his seat for landing. He finally gets in his seat.

Don't know if he was high, drunk or what, but it was pretty bizarre.
​​​​​​​I think you mean YYZ-YXU? YVR-YXU direct on a DH3 is probably more bizarre.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by songsc

I think you mean YYZ-YXU? YVR-YXU direct on a DH3 is probably more bizarre.
Apologies. YVR-YXC.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS

*may not actually have been a PAX
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Last night, fellow PY pax goes to put his bag overhead and spots a cache of amenity kits along with blankets and pillows. Pax proceeds to stuff several kits in his bag (with an E35 tag!) while holding up the boarding process. It didn't affect me any so I was able to just watch with amusement.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Last night, fellow PY pax goes to put his bag overhead and spots a cache of amenity kits along with blankets and pillows. Pax proceeds to stuff several kits in his bag (with an E35 tag!) while holding up the boarding process. It didn't affect me any so I was able to just watch with amusement.
J kits or PY kits?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by songsc

J kits or PY kits?
What's a PY kit ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.