FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:20 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
On today's episode of Passengers Behaving Badly, or at the very least, selfishly.....on my YVR-YYZ narrow body

Example 1

Woman sits down next to me. Proceeds to put all of her carry-on items (roller with laptop) plus purse plus other items in 2 of the 3 paces under seats in front of us. I asked if I could use part of one of her spaces for small stuff, use my space for my backpack and free up space in the OH bin for someone else. She said, "Well I need the space as I have my work in there". She slept almost the entire way east.

OK then

Example 2

Guy boards, tosses his bag above 2AC and continues walking. Quick thinking and clearly also watching the boarding activities, is the FA. She calls him out, asks where he's seated. Yes, you are correct, in Y. She says the bins are for J and no everyone has boarded. He looks at her, shrug and she looks back. Bag moved.

After everyone is seated, a group about 6 pax come up the aisle with their carry-ons, all small size but apparently absolutely no room in bins. All forced to gate check to their destination. I hope when they land in DXB, their bags are there.

This has happened on a few recent narrow body flights. One crew member observed that people are stuffing coats into bins which is taking up space and wondered why people can't keep their coats on their seats.

Well, that would require some extra math skills.....perhaps

Either way, this stuff is becoming a form of live IFE for me on some flights.

Last edited by 24left; Jan 18, 2019 at 7:17 am Reason: spelling