Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by eigenvector
For many people around the world the first time they'll see a Western style toilet is on an airplane. This is true across many cultures and religions.

There is a reason Asian ULCCs have much more aggressive signage about not squatting on the seat. Lots of passengers simply aren't familiar with it.
I once flew in an AC Express ERJ175 on which there is no disposable toilet cover. I used a bunch of tissues instead, but I might be more sympathetic if some lady decides to squat on it.

Last edited by Changeup2000; Nov 5, 2022 at 10:05 pm
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
Took off to Cabo

There are two passengers who got a bid upgrade or LMU and are split up in two aisle seats in different rows. Flight was J3 a couple of days ago and one person got upgraded at the gate.

Passenger 1 - Bro are you set on your seat? (I have a window)
Me - not as long as you have a window
Passenger 1 - he won't trade he wants window
Passenger 2 - asks the same question to whomever is beside him and gets same response

... that part not so bad. The annoying parts

1/they are now talking to each other even though they are two rows apart while waiting for plane to take off.

2/Now we are off to runway and his sandals are off and foot on display...
lovely.

3/ continued to go back to row 4 the whole flight to chat with his other buddy. They had a third in row 5(?) In economy they continually talked to as well
Surprise, he was also on return flight to YVR without his friends, seated directly in front of me thankfully

Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:37 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Revolting !!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
AC35 on Wednesday night had to make a pit stop in HNL (not sure if this better fits in the incidents thread - if so, feel free to move)

"A passenger has been hauled off a flight after allegedly choking an attendant while on board an Air Canada plane from Vancouver to Brisbane."
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...c94885c5fc33a3
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Cat in the cabin

On AC8004 this morning, buddy two rows ahead of me boards with a backpack, and a cat in a carrier. Very insistent that Mr 6D should move to the window b/c cat buddy needs to get up often. He wasn't kidding. He used the loo once before pushback, once while de-icing (despite P/A announcement to return to his seat), and once again prior to landing. All this on a 20 min flight. Then, while standing in the aisle waiting for the door to open in YUL, he takes his cat out of the carrier and places it on the seat where the inevitable happens. Cat buddy makes a poor attempt at cleaning the puddle before deplaning leaving the original Mr 6D to explain the mess to the in-charge.--13F​​​​​​​

Last edited by Seat13F_AC_CRJ; Jan 9, 2023 at 11:26 am
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
On AC8004 this morning, buddy two rows ahead of me boards with a backpack, and a cat in a carrier. Very insistent that Mr 6D should move to the window b/c cat buddy needs to get up often. He wasn't kidding. He used the loo once before pushback, once while de-icing (despite P/A announcement to return to his seat), and once again prior to landing. All this on a 20 min flight. Then, while standing in the aisle waiting for the door to open in YUL, he takes his cat out of the carrier and places it on the seat where the inevitable happens. Cat buddy makes a poor attempt at cleaning the puddle before deplaning leaving the original Mr 6D to explain the mess to the in-charge.--13F
AC would know who he is by the seat number. Should bill him for the cleaning
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
The woman behind me was humming loudly to herself from boarding to arrival.

At no time was a melody or key discernible. It’s… surprisingly frustrating!
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:43 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YOWgary
The woman behind me was humming loudly to herself from boarding to arrival.

At no time was a melody or key discernible. It’s… surprisingly frustrating!
That's what hum-cancelling headphones are for.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
That's what hum-cancelling headphones are for.
Cuts right through ‘em.

Naturally this is one of those days where we land, arrive, and then sit ten feet from the gate for half an hour.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 2:10 pm

On a flight to OGG a few months ago, the passenger sitting next to me decided it would be appropriate to brush her teeth at her seat, gargle mouthwash, and then spit it all into a ziploc bag. She then took that Ziploc bag full of her saliva, toothpaste, and mouthwash and placed it into the seatback pocket.

Later on in the flight, she started watching a TV show on her iPad without headphones, and the volume on maximum. When the FA asked her to use headphones because she was disturbing other passengers, her excuse was that her headphones were too uncomfortable.
​​
If it wasn't for my noise cancelling headphones, I don't know how I would have tolerated the flight.
Bohemian1 and flyingcrooked like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by dansgil
O...she started watching a TV show on her iPad without headphones...
This happened last month to me on a flight from LAX-YVR, it was a mother/young son behind me, and the doors were still open/sitting at the gate. I lasted all of 60 seconds before i turned around and asked the mother to put headphones in the iPad..."and by the way, the flashlight on the iPad is on and beaming all over".

Difference for me is that she apologized and quickly put the headphones on her sons iPad...two minutes later they switched seats with her husband and a grandparent across the aisle for some reason - I can only assume it was because I said something. So then my wife and son had them behind her lol
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM , Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I once had a passenger in J sitting behind me using my seat as a drum kit. Hands and feet. After 30 minutes or so I turned around and told him that I didn't mind so much the drumming but that his timing was awful. He stopped.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
A couple of months ago I was on a LHR-YUL flight, and a guy in Y kept pestering the FA to use the PA to ask all passengers to remain seated until the passengers with connections to YOW could deplane, to make what he thought was a tight connection. At first she said to him something along the lines of 'well, we are not even late and that YOW plane you're talking about isn't leaving for an hour and 15 minutes after we land'. But he kept insisting. So to shut him up she calls up to the front to ask if they are willing to do this and of course gets the answer that they are not, this is a normal connection time, etc. She politely explains this to the guy but he keeps arguing with her, then he starts telling her that he wants it officially recorded that they refused to do this so that if he misses his connection, he can be compensated. He goes on and on complaining to the FA and arguing with her, and she is clearly uncomfortable. Finally some guy beside him says, not rudely but directly, 'I don't think she's responsible for this policy and has done everything she can'. The guy says 'I wasn't talking to you!'. The other passenger at that point, to my amusement, basically tore the guy apart, pointing out that he was whining loud enough for the whole cabin to hear, that he was being abusive to the FA, and so on.

I was due to take the same flight to YOW as the guy, and not only had time to make the connection he was terrified of missing, I got to the gate in time to make an earlier YOW flight without even rushing.
zkzkz, ffsim, jerry305 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had a similar-ish experience once where as I was standing in the aisle waiting to get off (don't remember what row I was in... 3 or 4), someone from Y tried to (physically and verbally) push past me with the "I have a tight connection to Toronto" nonsense. FA asked what time their flight was. Turned out it was the same flight I was connecting to. My response was something like "I'm on that flight too. This is the aircraft they're using. They have to tow it over. You've got 2 hours. You'll be fine."

Needless to say, I sat in the lounge for quite a while.

"We are not even late" isn't necessarily a reason not to help though. I've been on "early" B-C flights where I was at significant risk of a misconnect to C-D because my A-B flight had an issue and I was rebooked to later A-B-C flights. So in the context of that one B-C flight, I might have looked insane, but with full context, I had a 45 minute domestic to US connection at YYZ, and I was going to the last YYZ-SFO of the day (after originally being booked on the second last).
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by boomerfss
I once had a passenger in J sitting behind me using my seat as a drum kit. Hands and feet. After 30 minutes or so I turned around and told him that I didn't mind so much the drumming but that his timing was awful. He stopped.
Honestly, my patience would have been gone at the one or two minute mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.