Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2024, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
I think when it's a co-worker, it's a lot harder to rat them out, especially if this piece of work is also part of in-flight. Would be pretty easy to find yourself ostracized for doing the right thing, because you should have each other's backs or whatever.
There's a difference between "ratting them out", and just quietly saying "would you mind taking your feet out of the seat pocket?"
Old Apr 30, 2024, 5:38 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
I think when it's a co-worker, it's a lot harder to rat them out, especially if this piece of work is also part of in-flight. Would be pretty easy to find yourself ostracized for doing the right thing, because you should have each other's backs or whatever.
If it's a coworker I posit that it would be even easier since they should know better than us hoi polloi.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by ffsim
Saw an AC employee using the seat-back pocket for......... unintended purposes.
how do you know they were an AC employee?
Old May 1, 2024, 6:55 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by RangerNS
how do you know they were an AC employee?
I saw her scrolling through her schedule on the AC employee app, she was holding a boarding pass for a J seat but with zone 2 boarding group, and she had some collegial interactions with the SD.
Old May 1, 2024, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Diamond
There has to be a prize for first place

Sitting in 13d on yyz to Phl, a mom in front of me places infant on floor and changes the stinkiest diaper in history right there in the aisle in row 12.
The expressions in the face of the other passengers and crew - priceless.
Old May 2, 2024, 6:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Burgertime
Sitting in 13d on yyz to Phl, a mom in front of me places infant on floor and changes the stinkiest diaper in history right there in the aisle in row 12.
Did the passengers or crew do anything beyond looking shocked? While it doesn't solve the immediate problem informing the women she should use the lavatory to change her child might prevent her from doing the same on a future flight.
Davvidd likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 7:24 am

My sister did this on a plane once, but used the seat back tray instead. I wasn't with her, my step mom was and was absolutely horrified. My step mom suggested using the lav, and was met with "I've got kids and traveling with them is hard, so everyone can deal with it". While it is hard travelling with small children (I do it frequently), it is what you signed up for and does not give you carte blanche to act like you are the only person on the plane.

Originally Posted by Burgertime
Old May 15, 2024, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium / Amex Aeroplan Reserve / Aeroplan 50k
The Mrs. boarding AC405 (YUL-YYZ) this morning, and sees someone sitting in her seat (1C)... "Good morning. I'm sorry, that's my seat" The person in her seat growls at her "T'es serious?" French for: "Are you serious?" She answers. "Yes" He then grabs his stuff and moves over to his seat (1A) in a huff, giving her the stink-eye like she had the nerve to ask him to vacate her seat.
He never asked her if she minded switching. Just treated her like she was selfish for not finding another place to sit, since he chose her seat.....
Old Today, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Pax in the YUL DOM MLL is asleep in a chair and snoring LOUDLY.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Today, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by codfather
Pax in the YUL DOM MLL is asleep in a chair and snoring LOUDLY.
So what do you recommend for someone who just got off a 15 hour flight, and now has a delay on their connection? Amphetamines?
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Today, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So what do you recommend for someone who just got off a 15 hour flight, and now has a delay on their connection? Amphetamines?
Find a more secluded part of the lounge.
Old Today, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by codfather
Find a more secluded part of the lounge.
And then someone else would complain that he/she couldn't sleep in the secluded part of lounge because of the snoring pax.
billdokes likes this.
Old Today, 1:06 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
CPAP.
billdokes and flyingcrooked like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.