Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:16 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: reminder that this is the Air Canada forum thread on badly behaving passengers. Bad behaviour on United, and UA's zoned boarding procedures, are off topic to this thread and the AC forum altogether.

Let's please get this back on topic.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:48 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Yet another moderator note... A large number of recent posts about bad behaviour in an MLL were moved to the appropriate thread - a reminder that this is about in-flight incidents. I've tried to tweak the thread title to make that clearer - I'm assuming that people would like to maintain the distinction between the in-flight and lounge threads rather than have one large thread about badly behaving passengers, but please let me know via PM/e-mail/etc if you feel that one merged hall of shame would be better.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 9:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles and More
AC 20 exit row priviledge

Do I have to accommodate an endless parade of fellow passengers who want to cut through my row short cutting to a shorter toilet line? I would never do this myself. Currently reclined with my feet up on the bulkhead defending my space.
passenger behind me giving me the lower back massage with her toes.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 9:58 pm

Programs: Westjet, Air Canada, Best Western, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kansaigaijin
Do I have to accommodate an endless parade of fellow passengers who want to cut through my row short cutting to a shorter toilet line? I would never do this myself. Currently reclined with my feet up on the bulkhead defending my space.
passenger behind me giving me the lower back massage with her toes.
one word, NO.
Kansaigaijin likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC E50K
This adds an interesting nuance to the "feet up on the bulkhead" debates seen in other threads! People will seemingly attempt to step over anything lower than fully extended legs.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:00 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I have been known to strategically place my carry on bag to create a bit of a barrier to the rat runners. It works, but not always.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Sopwith
I have been known to strategically place my carry on bag to create a bit of a barrier to the rat runners. It works, but not always.
I think stragegically placing these produts might work even better

Or run a this from your armrest to the bulkhead.

With the later option, if asked what the crime was, you could say you keep tripping & injuring the people who tried cutting across.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I saw a new strategy yesterday: an older woman with a cane placed it to span between the wall pocket and her seat and used it to support her bad leg. A couple of people still tried to step over it.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Saw an AC employee using the seat-back pocket for......... unintended purposes.

And then we wonder why the pockets are sometimes deformed and broken.

Old Apr 30, 2024, 10:32 am

Programs: AC 50K, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ffsim

Shocking yet not shocking.

probably gives off the DYKWIA vibes as well given they feel entitled to do this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 30, 2024 at 11:41 am Reason: Remove large quoted image
Old Apr 30, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
If that is an AC employee, that should be at least a one-year suspension to flight privileges, with a hearing after that time to explain why they should be reinstated.

That's destruction of company property, and just a massive amount of entitlement.
ffsim, kronos80 and Wigg like this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ffsim

i would never put my feet there, both for the pocket's AND for my feet's sakes...

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 30, 2024 at 11:40 pm Reason: Remove large quoted images
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:40 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
If that is an AC employee, that should be at least a one-year suspension to flight privileges, with a hearing after that time to explain why they should be reinstated.

That's destruction of company property, and just a massive amount of entitlement.
But where was the FA/SD in all of this? Do they just ignore this crap?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
But where was the FA/SD in all of this? Do they just ignore this crap?
This was on the ground during a long delay, so the SD didn't come by all that often. Still, the few times she did, it was definitely ignored.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I think when it's a co-worker, it's a lot harder to rat them out, especially if this piece of work is also part of in-flight. Would be pretty easy to find yourself ostracized for doing the right thing, because you should have each other's backs or whatever.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.