Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question - Aeroplan Business Ticket booked Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question - Aeroplan Business Ticket booked Economy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Does anyone know if a Business AP ticket confirmed into economy for the AC leg is also eligible to be moved into PY if its available at check in? (this flight looks quite full in J and there seems to be a lot of people ahead of this non-elite booking) Or does it only entitle you, strangely, to be moved 2 classes up and not 1 class up!
Logically, one would expect it would allow you to be listed with both a J Priority and an O Priority.

In practice, I don't know if it's set up that way, and I've never been double-listed in this situation. Not saying it's not possible though.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Hi All,

Mrs. 13F and Miss 13F-ette are flying tomorrow YOW-YUL-LHR. I "paid" J miles, but YUL-LHR was only available in Y.

I just finished checking them in for their flights. Should they appear on the upgrade lists for J and PY visible on the AC mobile app? Or do they need to request the "upgrade" at the airport? Looking for actual experience with this or similar situation. Thanks.
--
13F
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I emailed the YUL concierge and they were manually added to the upgrade list. Why doesn't this happen automatically?
--
13F
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:29 pm

You need to request it at the airport. I've never shown up on the PY list, only the J list.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Hi All,

Mrs. 13F and Miss 13F-ette are flying tomorrow YOW-YUL-LHR. I "paid" J miles, but YUL-LHR was only available in Y.

I just finished checking them in for their flights. Should they appear on the upgrade lists for J and PY visible on the AC mobile app? Or do they need to request the "upgrade" at the airport? Looking for actual experience with this or similar situation. Thanks.
--
13F
Definitively yes, they appear in the mobile app.

When I did this for my parents (a few posts above and several months ago) i was able to see them on the upgrade list in the mobile app. This all occurred during a YYZ FT DO

I don't know if they would have been put on the list automatically. I guided them to ask at checkin time ("we have aeroplan PY tickets but Y seat assignments, and we'd like to be put on the PY upgrade list") and they did.

For the record, my parents (with no AC status) were at the very bottom of the PY upgrade list (in contrast with some of the speculation above). Their upgrade happened to clear at the very very last minute when there were a number of no-shos/misconnects.

As a side note, the concierge told me that they were entitled to use the priority checkin (as though they were confirmed PY passengers) even if though the upgrade list would not be processed until boarding time. They did so with no problems.

But:
1) They appeared on the list
2) At the bottom
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
Definitively yes, they appear in the mobile app.

When I did this for my parents (a few posts above and several months ago) i was able to see them on the upgrade list in the mobile app. This all occurred during a YYZ FT DO

I don't know if they would have been put on the list automatically. I guided them to ask at checkin time ("we have aeroplan PY tickets but Y seat assignments, and we'd like to be put on the PY upgrade list") and they did.

For the record, my parents (with no AC status) were at the very bottom of the PY upgrade list (in contrast with some of the speculation above). Their upgrade happened to clear at the very very last minute when there were a number of no-shos/misconnects.

As a side note, the concierge told me that they were entitled to use the priority checkin (as though they were confirmed PY passengers) even if though the upgrade list would not be processed until boarding time. They did so with no problems.

But:
1) They appeared on the list
2) At the bottom
1) They appeared on the list because they asked for this at check-in. For my own bookings, I just email the concierge right after T-24, and I'll be in the list within a few hours.
2) Cabin, status, fare class, check-in time
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
1) They appeared on the list because they asked for this at check-in. For my own bookings, I just email the concierge right after T-24, and I'll be in the list within a few hours.
Right, but not everyone has concierge access ... so I was trying to explain the process for those who don't.

2) Cabin, status, fare class, check-in time
Yup. But there are some posts above (not by you) that claim otherwise. I was just trying to report, for the benefit of future historians & wayward travellers, what actually happened.
jc94 and Seat13F_AC_CRJ like this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I dealt with this a few weeks ago flying from LAS to YUL. I asked at the check-in desk and they said I was on the list but it didn't show up on the app. When I got to the gate, they had no record of me being on the upgrade list but there were still available seats so they added me last minute.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Low Roller
I dealt with this a few weeks ago flying from LAS to YUL. I asked at the check-in desk and they said I was on the list but it didn't show up on the app. When I got to the gate, they had no record of me being on the upgrade list but there were still available seats so they added me last minute.
If you don't show in the app, you're not on the list.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
If you don't show in the app, you're not on the list.
That's what I assumed but the person at the check-in counter said that I was definitely on the list and that the GA would let me know if the upgrade cleared, so I assumed maybe the app was just having issues that day. But the GA knew nothing about it.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:15 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
LAS staff are some of the !@%#!

Dealt with them yesterday. They seem clueless mostly , or atleast the staff I dealt with , 3 times in the last 9 weeks
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:39 am

Here is my experience from today on AC126 YVR-YYZ. Booked on Aeroplan in premium economy as a part of business class mini-RTW. No status. Checked in online 24h in advance. I asked to be put on the list for business class at airport check in 2h before the flight.

In the app, there are two lists. Standby list and Upgrade list. I appeared towards the bottom of the Upgrade list. Lots of people cleared before me, but I remained in premium economy.

Gate agent explained to me that I would be behind everyone confirmed in premium economy. So people who bought premium economy for cash and used e-upgrades, for example, would be above me on the list.

Gate agent said it goes first by the confirmed cabin (which is premium economy in my case, not business), then by status. So with no status I had no chance.

This is the second time the exact same thing happened to me. So when someone says I should be at the top of the list, it does not correspond to reality.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RZR
LAS staff are some of the !@%#!

Dealt with them yesterday. They seem clueless mostly , or atleast the staff I dealt with , 3 times in the last 9 weeks
It's been like that at LAS ever since... ever.

For example, one time I received an opup and they still demanded a SWU.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:00 am

Slightly related topic.

I'm booked on a F AP award, but have my first leg in AC Y.
It's not a big deal for me if we don't get put in J, but was wondering whether we are able to use J ground service?

Priority check-in, bags, lounge etc.

Again, not the end of the world, was just curious what I am entitled to.

TIA
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:19 am

I had an interesting experience recently. Wanted to book an SE and E75K on SFO-YYZ, but there was only one seat available, even with IKK.

Obviously booked the E75K, as my gate priority would be higher.

I was below all the eUpgrading SEs, but above everyone with lower status.

This matches a few other experiences I've seen recently with other people.

It seems the priority has changed once again. It's still cabin/status/fare class, but X is now the bottom.

I tried to get more information on this, but was only told nothing should have changed from the last time I did this, when I was above everyone of my status with an eUpgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.