Wiki Posts
Search

No in cabin Pets on 777HD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Vancouver - Toronto as well

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
High density. AC has 5 777HD aircraft which carry with 458 seats that operate on these routes internationally: (this info sourced from: https://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/77W.html)

Montreal - Paris
Vancouver - Hong Kong
Vancouver - London Heathrow

I may be missing some, but domestically I believe they only run YVR YYZ on a regular schedule, but I could very well be wrong.

Getting off topic, but not true. In Seattle, as an example, they have the Humbolt penguins in a zoo. Best $10USD I ever spent. Going to San Diego this year to see a few different types of penguins, but let's try to get back on topic, even is penguins are adorable
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Don't they just soil themselves? I've often wondered the same thing. When anything has to go, it's gotta go
I feel bad for them
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sluis
Vancouver - Toronto as well
That was already listed in my post.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I feel bad for them
Why? Human babies do it all the time...we all get over it
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by 24left
I would have liked to see this face in that ad.
But then someone clever would reply "No way can anyone get that close and personal, even on tour in a tundra buggy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...tFVoDtT00#t=46

Even better than the tundra buggy (IMO), head up to Qikiqtarjuaq and watch them from the water. Great experience, and one of the highest cpm AE awards to boot.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:20 am

With the number of people that seem to have pet allergies these days I'm surprised aniamls are allowed in the cabin at all. Cats and rat dogs belong in the cargo hold
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by eigenvector
... Qikiqtarjuaq ... one of the highest cpm AE awards to boot.
Intrigued by this I tried entering YVM into the AP booking tool with no luck. Are you sure you can get there from here?

Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Intrigued by this I tried entering YVM into the AP booking tool with no luck. Are you sure you can get there from here?

First Air and Canadian North flights are not searchable online, but they are redeemable at ClassicFlight levels although they are not *A carriers. You will have to call in. Availability is usually limited to 2 seats on the flights up to Iqaluit (ex-YOW or YUL for all Canadian starting points, ex-YWG if you are starting in Western Canada) and 1 on the regional flights up north. But if you are flexible with dates and start looking well in advance, you will find something.

Good luck. ^
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Indeed. I would go ballistic if someone who didn't need his/her pet for mobility/legitimate reasons sat anywhere close to me on a plane. I love animals, but it is extremely self-entitled and repulsive to think you can impose your pet on others in today's increasingly confined cabins, regardless of class of service. I'd tolerate it in EYs residence (just maybe, if I was in an apartment) but anything else short of that is unacceptable.
You could go ballistic all you want, you'd be getting it right back and then some, I can assure you of that. I don't fly with my animals because they don't come on vacation with me. But if a situation arises where I must fly with them and the airline I'm flying with allows me to take them in the cabin with me, you'll quickly be told where to go if you say anything about me having my animal in a cabin.

You can complain to the airline all you want, but I wouldn't tolerate someone saying a word to me because I did something the airline allowed.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Plumber
Why? Human babies do it all the time...we all get over it
True, true.

But I doubt my 18yo cat would appreciate the experience!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montezume
Over entitled? I paid for a service. I had to call Air Canada within a specific window after booking my flight. Why should I not receive that service?
Actually if they took your money there is a contract in place and they are legally obliged to take you with your pet.

Take them to court. They need a lesson. Their arrogance has no limit apparently.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:26 pm

True, true.

But I doubt my 18yo cat would appreciate the experience!
Maybe it's late where I am and I've had too many G&Ts , but that is hilarious! LOL
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Maybe it's late where I am and I've had too many G&Ts , but that is hilarious! LOL
There's a theme here with AC FTers.....
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:31 pm

LOL~!

I just got it.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:39 pm

LOL~!

I just got it.
Whew. I glad no offence is taken. It's not very I laugh out loud at a post...but yours did it for me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.