Wiki Posts
Search

No in cabin Pets on 777HD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM
No in cabin Pets on 777HD

Not sure if mentioned previously, but be careful if booking a flight on the HD with an in cabin pet.

My daughter and another passenger were refused boarding yesterday with their pets on AC137. Apparently in AC internal rules it does state that the HD cannot carry pets - however that doesn't stop them from accepting a reservation (and $) and checking you in the day of (in person as you cannot check in online with a pet). You learn at the last minute that you can't fly.

There was no equipment change - just an error in accepting our reservation and also missing that when she was checking in.

The HD is definitely limited on space in the rear, so I am not at all against this - just hope that AC fix your reservation system to check for issues like this.

She was put on the next flight, so arrived 2.5 hours later, but a delay that could have been avoided.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
It's so crowded they wouldn't put an animal back there, but it's just fine for people...
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Probably to avoid charges under animal cruelty laws
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
They dodged a bullet. Those pets should be inducted into the Purina Hall of Fame.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Have to love how they will accept the money ($50 last time I flew with my cat...) but will refuse you service. Waiting around at the airport with your pet is not fun.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by montezume
Have to love how they will accept the money ($50 last time I flew with my cat...) but will refuse you service. Waiting around at the airport with your pet is not fun.
Specially when not all airports has the relief areas easy available or at all...

I flew once in the 777 of KLM PTY-AMS in C and they did not accepted the pets in cabin... I had to voluntary downgrade to economy, and paid 99euros to upgrade to P-Eco!

Travelling with pets in Cabin can be a serious pain...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:17 pm

Thanks...glad to know this. I will not be flying with my alligator any time soon with Air Canada!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:09 am

Leave those anacondas at home guys.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:21 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by montezume
Flying in a very dense cabin and smelling the pet is also not fun. I am not talking about allergies here but about the real nuisance of the smell.

So it's a comfort issue - even if no allergic passenger is on-board which could cause an emergency landing. The only acceptable place for a pet is the climatized cargo hold.

I think some owners of pets are really over-entitled and due to brain-washing think the whole world rotates about their animal.

Aren't they?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by gum
Flying in a very dense cabin and smelling the pet is also not fun. I am not talking about allergies here but about the real nuisance of the smell.

So it's a comfort issue - even if no allergic passenger is on-board which could cause an emergency landing. The only acceptable place for a pet is the climatized cargo hold.

I think some owners of pets are really over-entitled and due to brain-washing think the whole world rotates about their animal.

Aren't they?
Indeed. I would go ballistic if someone who didn't need his/her pet for mobility/legitimate reasons sat anywhere close to me on a plane. I love animals, but it is extremely self-entitled and repulsive to think you can impose your pet on others in today's increasingly confined cabins, regardless of class of service. I'd tolerate it in EYs residence (just maybe, if I was in an apartment) but anything else short of that is unacceptable.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
gum, Bonaventure - let's not turn an informative thread into an us-versus-them debate.
Words like "entitled" and "repulsive" are really an unnecessary escalation here. I think we can all sympathize with someone who has jumped through all the right administrative procedures and then is told, "oops, we forgot, you can't travel on this plane".

In the close confines of an aircraft, all sorts of carry-on baggage can be irritating: pets, infants, smelly clothes, smelly sandwiches (especially if you didn't bring any food yourself), and attitude
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Agree 100% with montrealer. This type of discussion is never constructive
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by montrealer
gum, Bonaventure - let's not turn an informative thread into an us-versus-them debate.
Words like "entitled" and "repulsive" are really an unnecessary escalation here. I think we can all sympathize with someone who has jumped through all the right administrative procedures and then is told, "oops, we forgot, you can't travel on this plane".

In the close confines of an aircraft, all sorts of carry-on baggage can be irritating: pets, infants, smelly clothes, smelly sandwiches (especially if you didn't bring any food yourself), and attitude
Indeed. Let us not lose track of what is truly repugnant - the 777HD itself.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by gum

Aren't they?
Over entitled? I paid for a service. I had to call Air Canada within a specific window after booking my flight. Why should I not receive that service?

You would go ballistic at me for following the rules, paying for the service so that I can bring my cat with me when I move across the country? Wow.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Agree 100% with montrealer. This type of discussion is never constructive
yup. i find lots of other pax repulsive and entitled and would prefer not to travel with them in confined spaces either....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.