Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flying Business Class for FIRST time - What to know and do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Business Class for FIRST time - What to know and do?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gcashin
AC does have sparking wine for purchase in domestic Y, but not available in J.

UA did recently add sparking wine to their domestic F/J service, so other carriers within NA do have it as part of their front cabin domestic beverage selection. Would be nice if AC offered this as well.
Originally Posted by pewpew
Didn't the cow talk about getting it on domestic flights by asking nicely / paying ?
I'd say 80% of the times I've asked, they've just brought it to me.
10% of the time, they say they don't have it, I correct them, and they bring it to me.
The other 10% is trickier. One time I said it was ridiculous that I have to pay for alcohol in J, and he brought me some for free. Another time I was exhausted (EYW), and just handed over my credit card.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Why limit yourself? There is this classic trip report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-bkk-sq-f.html
Whow. Amazing. Hat off. That's called enjoying the ride up front!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:00 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Whow. Amazing. Hat off. That's called enjoying the ride up front!
A truly Churchillian effort on the part of that passenger... not just with the $1000 worth of Dom he drank, but doubling up on the meals on each of the segments.

But, I guess if you're in F (and there aren't many bonafide F's left in the world), you might as well take advantage!)
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, SAS, Krisflyer, Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by Academic
That is an experience, but you have to be sure to do it on the 380 so that you can have the shower. A couple of paid J to Asia-Pacific from YYZ will get you enough points to upgrade to F on your next trip.
Agreed! I have showered twice in F on the EK 380, and it really is an experience
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jbb
A truly Churchillian effort on the part of that passenger... not just with the $1000 worth of Dom he drank, but doubling up on the meals on each of the segments.

But, I guess if you're in F (and there aren't many bonafide F's left in the world), you might as well take advantage!)
That guy is my new hero. The trip report was awesome to read. I couldnt down more than a bottle on BR. There just wasn't enough alcohol per drink. I went back to double gins after a while...

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jan 16, 2015 at 7:17 am
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:03 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

I'm not sure how jellytime's thread got hijacked into this and for the record: jellytime: apologies for the hijacking. The best advice you got was to tell the SD that its your friend's first time in J and you haven't been in a while and you are looking forward to it. All but the most jaded SD's will make sure you two have a great time. Enjoy!!!!

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 16, 2015 at 11:00 pm Reason: off topic
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA, AC
I apologize for the thread hijack too.

I wish someone could tell me how to get back the enthusiasm and excitement that the OP has. It's been a long time for me.

PLeBlond, I'll PM you.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, SAS, Krisflyer, Royal Orchid Plus
Sorry for hijacking...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: AC*E 50K
Keep in mind that everything they offer you (with the exception of duty free) is free. That sounds a bit funny, but when I first started upgrading years ago, I had to remind myself to not automatically say "no" when the drinks cart came around. Agree with the other posts, get to the airport early and enjoy the lounge, then relax and enjoy while on board.

Beware: I flew my husband his first time in business class to Europe -- 777 pods -- last year, at the age of 50+, and now that's the only way he wants to fly. ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.