Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Another new route: Announcing YYZ-DXB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another new route: Announcing YYZ-DXB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I wonder how AC can compete against EK 34 inch seat pitch in their A380 while Air Canada 789 aircraft used on YYZ-DXB route is one of the cramp airplanes in the industry for Y section seating:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...figured-b787-9
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I wonder how AC can compete against EK 34 inch seat pitch in their A380 while Air Canada 789 aircraft used on YYZ-DXB route is one of the cramp airplanes in the industry for Y section seating:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...figured-b787-9
It's 32-34" on Emirates.... and it's likely to be 32" for almost all the seats.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emi...irbus_A380.php
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:18 am

I can't see how AC cannot be successful flying to the busiest international airport in the world with a much smaller airframe than it's competition for starters. They can add an additional three weekly frequencies at they're disposal, plus use a larger airframe if thing's go well.

Why are we so pessimistic when it comes to competition???

This route has so much potential for AC if you look at the bigger picture. Only a dummy would fail with this project.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by theseatbelt
It's 32-34" on Emirates.... and it's likely to be 32" for almost all the seats.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emi...irbus_A380.php
Still better than AC cramped seating in Y class section of 30 inches
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I wonder how AC can compete against EK 34 inch seat pitch in their A380 while Air Canada 789 aircraft used on YYZ-DXB route is one of the cramp airplanes in the industry for Y section seating
Did you wonder how Air Transat could compete with the greater pitch, service and comfort of AC's 349-seat 77W TATL?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Did you wonder how Air Transat could compete with the greater pitch, service and comfort of AC's 349-seat 77W TATL?
Because they were cheaper? If AC is competitively priced, they may have a shot.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Wont work, EK service is amazing onboard, from F to J to Y. How will AC compete with great service and amazing meals?
Well, EK is pulling F out of some of their 380s and you can bank on YYZ being atop the "No F' list.
So, the battle for sought-after premium travellers will be AC's new J w/ feed from all over NA ti Dubai vs EK's J exYYZ to DXB and beyond.

Don't think this is as one-sided as you seem to believe
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Well, EK is pulling F out of some of their 380s...
Says who?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by SFO777
Says who?

"Emirates cutting first class from some of its A380s"

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...380s-1.1424896

Long-haul first class air travel dwindling despite Etihad and Emirates

http://www.airportwatch.org.uk/2014/05/21589/
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:18 am

That article is a little misleading. Only a few new airframe's will be delivered in two class configuration, non of the existing airframes will be changed.

I can only see this type being used to high density destinations like South East Asia, and KSA Haaj flights. YYZ will never see this type.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: AC E50K
The 2-class A380s are for short trips like to India.

But since YYZ is only 3 weekly, EK might put the 2-class on YYZ too, so it can offer more seats.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NOIR
That article is a little misleading. Only a few new airframe's will be delivered in two class configuration, non of the existing airframes will be changed. I can only see this type being used to high density destinations like South East Asia, and KSA Haaj flights. YYZ will never see this type.
With the other Gulf carriers ramping up First Class offerings, EK First isn't going anywhere. Indeed, they are adding bedroom suites to counter EY. Let's talk when the YYZ MLL offers complimentary Krug as its well champagne.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:32 am

Also would like to mention that l would be more than happy flying on AC's Dreamliner back to Canada after a few months in the UAE.

I can say this for a lot of my friends also that you become home sick when in the UAE after a while, and l know once l step into AC's aircraft in DXB my Canadian experience starts there. I have a Canadian crew, food, atmosphere, etc, etc.

I could not care what food EK offer me on they're flight because l have that every day here in Dubai. I can watch movies on my tablet also. AC in DXB means home to me, l know my Canadian friends would think the same, not to mention seeing the Maple Leaf on the tail parked at DXB.

My two cents.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:49 am

That article is a little misleading. Only a few new airframe's will be delivered in two class configuration, non of the existing airframes will be changed.
Says who?
I can only see this type being used to high density destinations like South East Asia, and KSA Haaj flights. YYZ will never see this type.
Bet you an MLL beer EK's initial J/Y A380 route deployment release includes Toronto?
Originally Posted by SFO777
With the other Gulf carriers ramping up First Class offerings, EK First isn't going anywhere.
No one said EK F was going away beyond some A380 frames.

For now.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:02 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Do you really think there is that much paid F on the YYZ route? Not paid J... Paid F. We're talking $13k per ticket, nearly double the prices in J.

I would think after India, its probably one the first to be operated with a 2 class higher density configuration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.