Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:31 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Nicely done. Hopefully you'll share your car pics...seeing you'll be visiting car museums.
Oh always! All my technology museum visits are meticulously documented on my blog, hehe. So these will be coming up too!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Oh always! All my technology museum visits are meticulously documented on my blog, hehe. So these will be coming up too!
Blog? You should include that in your signature...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Blog? You should include that in your signature...
I think I had it at some point and then fell afoul of some rules or something, even though I don't plug credit cards or peddle wares. Anyway, http://amphibia.com, take a look!

I have to catch up to the Nissan Heritage Collection visit .. sigh.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by gordie44
YYZ-WAW - LOT J - 7 hrs in Warsaw
WAW-AMS - LOT J - 23 hrs in Amsterdam
AMS-VIE - OS J - 21 hrs in Vienna
VIE-VCE - OS J - 22 hrs in Venice
VCE-IST - TK J - 22 hrs in Istanbul
IST-ZNZ - TK J - STOP - 7 days Zanzibar
ZNZ-ADD - ET J - 4 hrs Addis Ababa
ADD-SIN - ET J - 7 hrs morning Singapore
SIN-PER - SQ J - STOP - 7 days Perth (Point Of Turnaround)
PER-SIN - SQ J - 7 hrs evening Singapore
SIN-HKG - SQ J - 21 hrs Hong Kong
HKG-HND - ANA J - STOP 2.5 days Tokyo
HND-HKD - ANA Y - 1 hr Hakodate
HKD-TPE - EVA J - 23 hrs Taipei
TPE-YYZ - EVA J
160,000 AP + $512.00 CAD + $30 CAD booking fee. Works out to about 18.7/cpp when i searched cheapest possible biz flights on each airlines own site.

GCMAP had YYZ-WAW-AMS-VIE-VCE-IST-ZNZ-ADD-SIN-PER as 18,056 mi, with YYZ-PER MPM given as 18,050 (confirmed with rep on phone). However when given the routing, they said it only showed my route as being 17,xxx (i forget exact number but about 700mi less than I expected)

Gonna be a busy trip! I originally wanted to only go as far as SIN, but had to do PER in order to do ZNZ. I doubt I`ll be back in the Perth region again so i stretched it to 5 nights (probably still too short)

I`ve been to Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Taipei before, so those will be about visiting old haunts, friends, food, and shopping. Everything else will be all new!

Are some of these transfers overnights?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
TPE-YYZ - EVA J
160,000 AP + $512.00 CAD + $30 CAD booking fee. Works out to about 18.7/cpp when i searched cheapest possible biz flights on each airlines own site.

GCMAP had YYZ-WAW-AMS-VIE-VCE-IST-ZNZ-ADD-SIN-PER as 18,056 mi, with YYZ-PER MPM given as 18,050 (confirmed with rep on phone). However when given the routing, they said it only showed my route as being 17,xxx (i forget exact number but about 700mi less than I expected)

Gonna be a busy trip! I originally wanted to only go as far as SIN, but had to do PER in order to do ZNZ. I doubt I`ll be back in the Perth region again so i stretched it to 5 nights (probably still too short)

I`ve been to Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Taipei before, so those will be about visiting old haunts, friends, food, and shopping. Everything else will be all new!

That's an impressive itinerary! What time of year is it for?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:25 am

TPE-YYZ - EVA J

Good to see you from reddit
Now I am family of 4, I don't do those crazy layovers anymore, ha ha
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
TPE-YYZ - EVA J

Nice! When you are in Perth, rent a car and go to Margaret River. Lots of wineries, microbreweries, nice scenery (go to both lighthouses) and lots of kangaroos (try not to drive in the dark!)
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

Just so you know, I was able to get to ZNZ on an asia ticket, so I am not sure this is accurate, but may be because of how many stops you have in europe.

I went YYC-IST-ZNZ-SIN (turn) - HND - YYC (with other stops inbetween - my point here is that I was able to get to ZNZ on an Asia ticket).
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:15 am

How did you avoid ADD in or out of ZNZ? Everything I found routed through ADD and ZNZ isn't my turn. I've only been able to find itin where you open jaw or prop plane in.

EDIT: I see routing through JRO now. Is there a direct from IST though?

I kind of changed plans based on my inability to find this and am considering NBO with a 5 day safari in Tanzania (closer than DAR).

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Just so you know, I was able to get to ZNZ on an asia ticket, so I am not sure this is accurate, but may be because of how many stops you have in europe.

I went YYC-IST-ZNZ-SIN (turn) - HND - YYC (with other stops inbetween - my point here is that I was able to get to ZNZ on an Asia ticket).

Last edited by 604flyer; Apr 23, 2017 at 12:22 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I had to go znz to add to sin
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Here is a mini RTW that I flew with my cousin last week. Not my best work, and embarassed that we flew nearly direct to the point of turn.. But had to fit this into a very specific vacation schedule.

YYZ-SFO (AC 767 J) - connect 3hrs
SFO-PVG (UA 747 J UD! with Polaris swag!) - POT 3 days
PVG-ICN (OZ J) - connect 23hrs
ICN-FUK (OZ A330 J) - connect 20hrs
FUK-ITM (NH B767 Y) - stop 2 days
ITM-HND (NH B787 Y) - stop 2 days
NRT-ORD (NH B777 J) - connect 3hrs
ORD-YYZ (AC E190 J)

Taxes were just over $300. All in all a great trip. I got to see tons of Japan in 4 days. Instead of YYZ-NRT r/t, I pushed him out of his comfort level to add "free" visits to Shanghai and Seoul. (I had to take drastic action-- emailing his employer to beg for an extra half day off to start the trip a day early!).
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:25 am

TPE-YYZ - EVA J

Impressive itinerary. Out of curiosity though I thought there was a 10 leg max for reward tickets? How did you get around that?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Forgot to post - last summer (2016) family of 5 flew in J starting/ending in Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto:

YOW/YUL-YYZ AC J
YYZ-ICN (stop) AC J
ICN-PEK CA J
PEK-LHR (stop) CA J
LHR-YUL/YYZ AC J
YUL-YOW AC J

We were all together from YYZ to LHR.

The cost was 150,000 miles (Asia 1) plus $482 (primarily due to J fees at Heathrow). Two fares required $30 booking fee, and others were booked on the Aeroplan site.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seadog83
Impressive itinerary. Out of curiosity though I thought there was a 10 leg max for reward tickets? How did you get around that?
When I booked my Europe hopping (posted above) she commented on the "lot of segments" and said she needed to do some trickery to work on that many segments but didn't have any problems with it overall.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Delete...I think I may have quoted a really old post, cuz I can't find it anymore.

Last edited by drvannostren; Apr 30, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.