Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada flight attendants concerned about Ebola

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada flight attendants concerned about Ebola

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman

That said, the Ebola hysteria in North America (mostly the US) is probably the only funny aspect of this terrible disease.
If I were Obama, whenever bringing back these troops now in the Ebola region, I would have them fly into New Jersey and let them quarantine them.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
Because sick people around bothers me.
Maybe they are wearing the masks for the same reason the flight attendants want gloves - to protect themselves, not you.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by 24left
I'm less bothered by crew wearing gloves than all of those pax wearing face masks who are currently wandering around airports.
So you would prefer that they coughed and sneezed at you while not wearing a mask?

Personally, I think wearing masks is a cultural courtesy brought from Asia that should be appreciated and more widely adopted.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by sp4294
So you would prefer that they coughed and sneezed at you while not wearing a mask?

Personally, I think wearing masks is a cultural courtesy brought from Asia that should be appreciated and more widely adopted.

Obviously not. I travel to Asia and I am well aware of the cultural courtesy or do not disagree conceptually. We are just not as comfortable with face-mask of any kind outside of medical settings (cue debate about burkas).

It is more of a reminder that we are faced with diseases we know little about and I am not the only one who is slightly uncomfortable with seeing people in public wear them.

And yes, I would have preferred if those coughing-sneezing pax would have had facial-coverings or at the very least tissues or sleeves.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by 24left
It is more of a reminder that we are faced with diseases we know little about and I am not the only one who is slightly uncomfortable with seeing people in public wear them.
Bringing us right back to the issue of FAs wearing gloves. It isn't about what we think about them wearing gloves when we take the time to think it through. It is the barely conscious or subconscious impact they have on the mind of the customer. It makes flying a clinical experience, not a pleasurable one or an efficient one. In the doctor's office, the use of gloves makes you think that the doctor is disciplined, careful, and conscious of your health and his/her own. On an airplane, the impact will be that I am in a clinical setting, not a vacation or business setting. That isn't what airlines want to convey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.