Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:13 am

I had garlic bread on AC34 on the 11th. Nice and herby. Not sure whether just SYD or the change as no mimosa and didn’t check bubbles . They also said will be mattress pads for J seats.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
After 4 TPACs/TATLs in the last 2 mths, I had my meals in the Sig Lounge/ANA lounge last week pre-flight and skipped the AC first meal. the choices between bad cajun chicken, bad fish, bad lasagna and tired old beef dish was too much. I applaud AC's creating fusion dishes with cajun/tikka stuff, but they are so watered down. I think Canadian palates are way more used to spice than they think, so they can kick it up a notch.
YVRYEGYVR likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by lallied
I had garlic bread on AC34 on the 11th. Nice and herby. Not sure whether just SYD or the change as no mimosa and didn’t check bubbles . They also said will be mattress pads for J seats.
Sorry you are saying AC is going to provide mattress pads for J? Is that for all seats of just those that deflate?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
Sorry you are saying AC is going to provide mattress pads for J? Is that for all seats of just those that deflate?
All seats. This will be part of the new service.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
AC003 food timing

Any comments on the AC Japanese meal service offered on YVR-NRT? They are vague in their description. What about the anytime noodles?

"Japanese meal offered with sake. Composed of an assortment of appetizers, side dishes, pickles, noodles and miso soup, accompanied by a hot main course of fried chicken and teriyaki chicken, steamed rice and mixed vegetables"

I was also considering making use of Dine Any Time, as I'm working the night before the flight, getting off only at 9am - thinking lounge for breakfast and a few drinks, sleep immediately on flight, eat all options after waking up before landing.

"Should you wish more time to work or sleep, enjoy your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, later during the flight. Please inform your flight attendant prior to take-off."

They almost deliberately leave out "bread" on the list- invariably when I choose this option on YYZ-YVR they never have bread left over.

Also- departing from YVR in J doesn't afford any special lounge benefits- whereas if this had been booked as YYZ-YVR-NRT in J I would have had access to the new signature suite? Any comparable product coming for J at other canadian airports for international departures?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Also- departing from YVR in J doesn't afford any special lounge benefits- whereas if this had been booked as YYZ-YVR-NRT in J I would have had access to the new signature suite? Any comparable product coming for J at other canadian airports for international departures?
Unfortunately, for the paid J passenger ex-YYZ and connecting domestically at YVR while on an international itinerary, like yourself... you don't have access to the YYZ Signature Suite as YYZ Terminal Domestic, Transborder, and International departure zones, for all intents and purposes, are sterile. (a regular passenger cannot freely go from one to the other)
If you were flying YYZ HND, for example, you'd have access to the Signature Suite. Since your YYZ YVR portion is domestic, you're relegated to the YYZ Domestic MLL.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Unfortunately, for the paid J passenger ex-YYZ and connecting domestically at YVR while on an international itinerary, like yourself... you don't have access to the YYZ Signature Suite as YYZ Terminal Domestic, Transborder, and International departure zones, for all intents and purposes, are sterile. (a regular passenger cannot freely go from one to the other)
If you were flying YYZ HND, for example, you'd have access to the Signature Suite. Since your YYZ YVR portion is domestic, you're relegated to the Domestic MLL.

Oh I see, but as I'm leaving YVR going international- I was asking of a similar product to the YYZ Suite would be offered at other airports
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, what's happening tomorrow?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Oh I see, but as I'm leaving YVR going international- I was asking of a similar product to the YYZ Suite would be offered at other airports
Lots of discussion in The Signature Suite thread

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

In the thread, there are comments that it is a bit frustrating for those who fly TPAC ex YVR for e.g. and fly YYZ-YVR to connect, thus no access

There was also mention in the thread a while back that some think AC would eventually do similar in YUL and YVR

Since AC isn't confirming or denying, it's speculation
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Given the YYZ Signature Suite is the first and only one of its kind for Air Canada... there isn't anything comparable at YVR with respect to AC, and I'm pretty darn sure there is nothing comparable at all in general at YVR. The Priority Pass lounge and YVR International MLL are the best you can get at this time... not sure what else there is.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stranger
So, what's happening tomorrow?
Tomorrow, as in Saturday, April 14, 2018?

If you're referring to the rebranding launch for international J, that's officially slated for April 17, 2018, but there have been a smattering of reports of people experiencing premature one-off things like garlic bread served in J and the such.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Posting for @24left:

Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:54 pm
Suspended

@capedreamer

Thanks!

Some fruit on AC 7 in case anyone is wondering....

capedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by 24left
@capedreamer

Thanks!

You got it to work.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by capedreamer
You got it to work.
^

LOL, life use to be simpler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.