Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by alphaklg
hello,
does anyone have the menus for the flights leaving LHR to YYZ (signature class ) this June? I cannot find any
Which flight? I checked on the AC website for random date in June and only 869 (dep LHR 0830) has a menu available to view. Link here. The rest are all showing "No Menu Available".
Old May 28, 2019, 4:51 pm

I had the chicken YVR->LHR last week and it was truly terrible. Dry chicken. Rubbery, fatty skin. And almost entirely unseasoned. I think they called it Supreme. Perhaps they were being ironic?

Butter chicken on the way back was very good.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by alphaklg
hello,
does anyone have the menus for the flights leaving LHR to YYZ (signature class ) this June? I cannot find any
Not June, but here is AC859 May 2019

alphaklg likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver - UNITED SA Silver
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Not June, but here is AC859 May 2019

Thanks exactly that flight!
Old May 30, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: *$ Green
The PE thread reminded me of Espresso service.

Am I the only one that feels like ordering an Espresso on board an AC flight is a gigantic drag and PITA.

Not even a joke, 100% of the times I've asked I was told "wait I have to see if it works".

Then, I'm about 75:25 in terms of being told " it's broken" and "it works but it will take a while".

Then, I end up getting it at the end of breakfast, when I'm already done eating and changing to get ready to deplane.

I have never ordered an Espresso on AC J and received it withing 10m of ordering. Likely 20+.

N=10+? Unsure. I've ordered every flight. But cant remember when it was added. I think it started 2015 but not all planes had it at first etc etc.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I thought it was added with the dream cabin upgrades, which would have started 2014?

But I've only had one twice, so don't take my word.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I thought it was added with the dream cabin upgrades, which would have started 2014?

But I've only had one twice, so don't take my word.
Correct, it came with the DreamCabin.
They served them at the very start of the new 788 service but then they stopped for awhile due to issues with the machines on board, IIRC.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

Am I the only one that feels like ordering an Espresso on board an AC flight is a gigantic drag and PITA.

Not even a joke, 100% of the times I've asked I was told "wait I have to see if it works".

Then, I'm about 75:25 in terms of being told " it's broken" and "it works but it will take a while".

Then, I end up getting it at the end of breakfast, when I'm already done eating and changing to get ready to deplane.

I have never ordered an Espresso on AC J and received it withing 10m of ordering. Likely 20+.

N=10+? Unsure. I've ordered every flight. But cant remember when it was added. I think it started 2015 but not all planes had it at first etc etc.
The few (under 10) times I've ordered them (usually Americanos), they've also taken a long time and come to me lukewarm at best.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

I've had a cappuccino in J recently on a 789. It took over 20 minutes and apparently several FAs to get it done. They even needed to fetch an FA from the Y cabin because nobody seemed to know how to operate the machine. In the end though, it came out great and I was happy with it.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:48 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah, everytime I order a cappuccino the FA gets a worried look on their face and says something along the lines of 'I'll try'. Most times I get an acceptable product, given the environment.

Based on this, I suspect J seats aren't the only things that are flaky on these otherwise fine aircraft.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah, everytime I order a cappuccino the FA gets a worried look on their face and says something along the lines of 'I'll try'. Most times I get an acceptable product, given the environment.

Based on this, I suspect J seats aren't the only things that are flaky on these otherwise fine aircraft.
We need a new thread titled #espressogate
Old May 31, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
We need a new thread titled #espressogate
Noooooooooo!
Old May 31, 2019, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

Is "I'll try" shorthand for "I don't know if the machine is working" or "I don't know if I know how to make it" ?
YYCguy likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:58 pm

I'm pretty sure it's the former. And if they don't know how to do it, they seem to delegate it to someone who does.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: *$ Green
OK well... at least I know I am not insane.

Disappointing, but oddly reassuring 🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.