Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Oh my last flight, the seared tuna appetizer had ice shards in it and the mozzarella balls in my salmon salad main were completely frozen.
Was it as hard as @SparseFlyer's Rapidair blueberries?

Hit it with a fork... *ting* *ting* *tingegu*!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yes, plating isn't something that AC has done since forever.

Back in the early/mid 2000s and up to at least a more recent point a few years ago, it was all prepared upside down by the caterer so it could be simply plunked onto a plate upside-up. (or something to that effect; I remember watching a mini-documentary-style clip created by AC on this)
That was an interesting innovation. It was confined to Domestic J/C.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
The same people who serve boiled chicken with butter chicken sauce on the side.
They got me real good tonight. Took a peak at the menu just to manage the boredom and what do I see? Sure the usual kale nonsense and the alleged lemon chiffon cake but, wonder of wonders, the entree on offer is Chicken BREAST with a Truffle Cream sauce. After an hour's worth of de-icing (not exaggerating - the Captain even came on to apologize) and the usual 45 mins or so after take-off, I'm starved and truly intrigued. As the FA came down the aisle however, my enthusiasm deflated faster than a Signature Service seat. What she put in front of me was the usual boiled chicken gristle with the laughable "butter chicken" sauce. "That's not what was on the menu." "yeah, it isn't. Sorry."
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by AleEat
Utterly fed up with the taco chips but the chilled naan manages to take the tiresome hummus experience down a notch. I mean, WHO chills naan???
Originally Posted by vernonc
The same people who serve boiled chicken with butter chicken sauce on the side.
AC seems to delight in freezing anything made using flour. And fruit apparently.

If AC wants to save money might I recommend less power use freezing things?

I wonder would this would also then avoid having to have cows saving people from falling fridges.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94

AC seems to delight in freezing anything made using flour. And fruit apparently.

I've had my fair sharing of frozen salads as well!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
I've had my fair sharing of frozen salads as well!
And how were they?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I've had difficulty finding some menus in the past, but found a workaround. Seems like they are all there, but the search engine isn't very good.

Some examples out of YVR:So the trick seems to be - find a similar route, hope there is a menu, and manually adjust the links. Ideally the search is better
Plumber likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
I've had difficulty finding some menus in the past, but found a workaround. Seems like they are all there, but the search engine isn't very good.

Some examples out of YVR:
  • AC7 (HKG) has a menu but not AC17 (TPE). The link for HKG is https://www.aircanada.com/content/da..._HKG%20TPE.pdf, which also includes TPE, so they are the same............So the trick seems to be - find a similar route, hope there is a menu, and manually adjust the links. Ideally the search is better

Right. I posted this upthread on May 7

Originally Posted by 24left
AC 17 YVR-TPE April 2018

Awesome SD and cabin crew on this flight. ^
The menu for this flight was found searching for HKG and is coded HKG_TPE, but of course anyone searching for TPE would not find it. Just saying...
Also I recall others also noting the challenge with finding menus.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually the link to menus, which had disappeared for a while, is now back.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
Actually the link to menus, which had disappeared for a while, is now back.
Magic!

That said, on my upcoming menu....."Smoked trout, grapefruit, pickled onion, egg, lemon emulsion".......
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 24left

Right. I posted this upthread on May 7

Also I recall others also noting the challenge with finding menus.
Doh. Missed that. I found the Beijing example helpful too since it required a different airport code entirely. Seems like they are publishing everything but not making it easily searchable.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JordanYVR

Doh. Missed that. I found the Beijing example helpful too since it required a different airport code entirely. Seems like they are publishing everything but not making it easily searchable.
I have no idea what they are doing and if outbound to HKG and TPE have the same menus, then it should clearly say so.

AC 8 and AC 18 are not available and I am not sure that AC 16 would represent both. Maybe it does but then that would mean meals for the return are double-catered out of Canada or HKG and TPE supply the same items (no) or AC doesn't know what they will get from the caterers at these/some outstations, so they don't publish. Of course, China Pacific Catering (Swire) caters AC ex-TPE (I posted a photo upthread Aug 23), so who knows.

I recently selected my meal off the BR app for flights. I'd really rather have that then searching AC.com for a menu.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flights to/from different airports sharing the same menu isn't something new. It's been like this since as long as I can remember as a FF. It's never been easy to figure this out online before and after the online menus were rolled out. You'll find out by experience and reading about it on FT.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
AC34 SYD-YVR the "French toast" was horrific (and I rarely use that term). The presentation of it looked like it was soggy, the maple syrup in a plastic sachet looked tacky, and I seriously contemplated whether I wanted to take 1 bite. Eventually, I did take a bite and it was enough for me to say no more. I'm now down to 2 breakfast choices - pancakes (when available) or oatmeal. I have grown tired of the omelet served domestically, TATL, and TPAC and the congee....well, nothing else to say on that.

As an aside, AC34 YVR-YYZ had no muffins available - I thought that muffins were standard catering, especially on the domestic segment.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:09 am
Suspended

Now crossing Hudson Strait and almost over Baffin Island, lol

Well, even with streaming the photo of the new Hawksworth chicken won’t upload, perhaps when I’m at destination. Flavors were great. I don’t like those little parnesan crisps.

Meanwhike....enjoyed the cheese plate and fruit, now attempting the reappeared chocolate fondant but prefer the cherry hazelnut sauce to the blueberry ginger one on today’s AC15

Ya, FWP
jsfrSE likes this.

Last edited by 24left; Nov 18, 2018 at 11:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.