Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YEG-FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2002, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

YEG-FRA?

Hi, do AC fly YEG-FRA? is it a daily service? if not, which does does it fly? times? thanks in advance :-)
Old Sep 3, 2002, 6:20 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Only between Sept 12-20.

Otherwise you have to go via YYC or YUL or YYZ.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
When are you planning to travel? A bit more specifics and we might be able to help you. For example, while YYC is undergoing runway upgrading later this month, AC will be shifting their daily FRA flight through YEG. Otherwise, you will have to hop into YYC, YUL or YYZ to connect onto a nonstop to FRA.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

I'm basically trying to find the quickest and shortest route from YEG to PRG on *any* *A airline, doesn't have to be AC.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
LH also has a daily FRA-YVR that will connect to an AC YVR-YEG. The flight leaves about the same time as the AC FRA-YYC which also has good connection times to YYC-YEG. YYC-YEG is operated by the mainline AC or its regional affiliate Jazz Air.

AC is about to launch another airline to replace its YVR-YEG run. This airline is to be called ZIP Air and will only offer a "no frills" Ryanair type service. AC does claim to offer FFP for this service. Zip Air will launch in late September.

[This message has been edited by YEG Guy (edited 09-03-2002).]
Old Sep 3, 2002, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As Henry Ford used to say, you can have any car in any colour as long as the car was a Model T and the colour was black. Then Steve Jobs came along and gave us computers in all sorts of colours. Now AC comes up with the idea of different airlines for different types of travellers. It's called innovation...
Old Sep 3, 2002, 8:05 pm
ALW

It's called marketing over content. Or old wine in new bottles.

andrew
Old Sep 3, 2002, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Hey, I'm all for innovation and marketing. But, I still have trouble explaining AC/Zip/Jazz/Tango/Jetz to the receptionist at work, and she is a former C3 FA.

I guess this is where the marketing gurus tell accountants to think out side the box??
I have been hearing that term used a lot lately at work. Yes, I am an accountant.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

I suspect the ZIP service is to directly compete with WestJet on the same route?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.