Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada still *giving* away *free* flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2002, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Seems that AC still thinks they are giving away free flights, probably to parasitic freeloaders like ourselves. I thought this issue had been dealt with some time ago, but apparently not.

In this month's Aeroplan and Ewe there is a chart showing what you get for flying 8, 12, or 16+ segments. In each case it is a free trip. (Their emphasis.)

So I guess if it's free we should thank the heavens, who in turn can thank RM and RD, for their generosity.
Old Sep 2, 2002, 4:07 pm

Your right Ken, bad wording. Just a marketing gimmick to attract attention.
Old Sep 2, 2002, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

It's frustrating that they could have just used more descriptive and probably equally appealing language along the lines of "You've earned a long-haul North America flight award" instead of the Madison Avenue "FREE FREE FREE" philosophy. Gives them credit for "earning" the award, and puts aside the "something for nothing" attitude.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.