New Tango No-show Policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2002, 3:58 am
Original Poster

New Tango No-show Policy

CIC*76/26/FORFEIT

-Customers must cancel their travel plans prior to departure

-No show will result in forfeit of that fligt coupon

-Immediately upon flight finalize, the coupon status will change to FRFT. RESIII will check the DCS record for all customers booked on that flight; If the DCS record shows the customer has not checked in, RESIII will retreive the customer's ET and change that flight coupon to FRFT. All other coupons will remain in current status

-Coupons changed to FRFT are no longer available for usage, refund, exchange or endorsement

-When AC/Jazz customeres have been protected on Tango and subsequently no show the Tango flight, the coupon status will not forfeit

-In extenuating circumstances (deemed necessary by AP management) the coupon status may be reversed to AVBL by agents with PD duty code. (EG poor Wx resulting in the late arrival of many pax to the airport)

-A detailed reason must be entered on the PNR

-Call centre agents cannot reverse FRFT status

eff: 31JUL02
Old Aug 4, 2002, 6:19 am
Original Poster

... Pretty harsh, isn't it?
Old Aug 4, 2002, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know what WestJet's policy is for a no-show? Then I can compare...
Old Aug 4, 2002, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It's about time an airline had the gumption to clamp down on no-shows like this. There's very little excuse -- other than medical emergency or trying to get to an airport at the same time the Pope is -- for missing a flight, and the airlines have been far to "understanding" by accepting the balance after change fees to be applied to a futue ticket. Imagine how more predictable life would be ex-HKG for Empress' upgrades if AC clamped down on some other routes where noshows are rampant.
Old Aug 4, 2002, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would seem that this edict only applies to Tango as per the following rule:

-When AC/Jazz customeres have been protected on Tango and subsequently no show the Tango flight, the coupon status will not forfeit

Old Aug 4, 2002, 8:17 am
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airbus320:
Does anyone know what WestJet's policy is for a no-show? Then I can compare...</font>
You lose the ticket on WS when you don't cancel within 2 hours of flt time.Changes made before the 2 hour window cost $20 and any applicable fare change for the particular flt you want.
Old Aug 4, 2002, 11:02 am

I think it is great and more airline should do this. Why should you be allowed to no show. The airline industry is the only one I know where a perishable commidity such as a seat can be noshowed but you can still use the ticket again. If you have tickets to the orchestra and noshow do they let you use them for the next night? If all airlines did this then there would be no reason to overbook flights.
Old Aug 4, 2002, 8:47 pm
ALW

But isn't that already the situation on a lot of cheap tickets on most airlines, non-changeable for any price so you effectively can't no-show?

And I will point out hotels have the same rule, if you don't cancel by 6pm you pay for the room, but they still happily sell your room to someone else if they figure you're not coming. (I've had that happen, show up at 1am having told them I'll show up after midnight, no rooms left but they've already charged me for the room, which should in fact have sat empty all night since I was paying for it. While I applaud this move on the airlines' part, don't dream they'll stop overbooking just because they've sold the seat to a no-show.

andrew
Old Aug 4, 2002, 8:49 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew Webber:
But isn't that already the situation on a lot of cheap tickets on most airlines, non-changeable for any price so you effectively can't no-show?</font>
In most cases, you can use the value of your unused ticket towards a new ticket minus the change fee.

Old Aug 4, 2002, 10:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The airline industry is the only one I know where a perishable commidity such as a seat can be noshowed but you can still use the ticket again. If you have tickets to the orchestra and noshow do they let you use them for the next night? If all airlines did this then there would be no reason to overbook flights.</font>
Does the "orchestra" sell 50% more tickets than they have seats for?
Old Aug 4, 2002, 11:33 pm

no the orchestra doesn't but they don't let you use your ticket for the next night either if you don't show up!
Old Aug 5, 2002, 10:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airbus320:
Does anyone know what WestJet's policy is for a no-show? Then I can compare...</font>
The corollary to this is WestJet does not overbook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.