Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC has a doggone problem

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2002, 5:32 am
At Large
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ferrari:
Why is there only one competition bureau.
</font>

In SH's world there is one competition bureau at every level of government and then there is a watchdog to oversee them and the watchdog bypasses parliament to report only to the Prime Minister who can make an executive decision without any consultation of the general public.
Of course lobbying is illegal in this scheme unless you are on EI or collecting welfare.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 7:58 pm

Indy was found by a man who wished to remain anonymous in a field in the west of Montreal. He took the dog home and immediately ate 4 bowls of dog chow (Indy not the man).

The vet has passed the dog as OK, and AC is investigating what happened at their YUL facilities. No word on compensation yet, the dog's owners in Victoria are reportedly much relieved.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 7:31 am

As a person who works on the Ramp at YYZ I have been greeted by many friendly faces when I have opened the bulk hold door. My favorite one was a husky who fell asleep on the main cargo door (as you know the door opens outwards) surprised the dog more than us. Turns out the dog was placed in a kennel a little too small. I would ship my pet without hesitation as we do try to make the trip very bearable.

My advice is to spend a couple of extra bucks on a good kennel and store it some place Fido cannot get his teeth at it. Make sure that the Kennel fits the Dog, and Read the instructions when assembling a new kennel!

Please do ask to make sure that your pet is on board, we will oblige without hesitation.

Oh one last thing, Put your Pets name on the Kennel as they do respond very well when they are called by name.

Hope this helps.

Regards YYZAC

Old Jul 31, 2002, 7:46 am
At Large
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YYZAC:
[B]

Oh one last thing, Put your Pets name on the Kennel as they do respond very well when they are called by name.

/B]</font>
So do passengers!!!!
Old Aug 1, 2002, 7:02 am

Parnel,
Sorry, Yes Pax do.....but my job does not involve any interaction with human customers.

Regards
YYZAC
Old Aug 2, 2002, 1:14 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was very sad when I heard about Indy and what had happened to her but very very happy she was found. Indy seems to be doing well except for cuts on the pads of her feet from all the walking she was doing in different terrain.

I have recently had one of my two Golden Retrievers die unexpectedly because of a twisted stomach and was devasted (I have no children...other than my Golden Retrievers). I was heart broken and cancelled all my flights and meetings for about 2 weeks and it took me about 2 months before I talk about Meisha without crying....if an airline had lost one of my girls, I would be very upset to say the least.

I have never taken any of my girls travelling with me as I have heard horror stories and what happened last week did not reassure me.

Only if my girls were a service Golden, they could ride in the cabin. I did a get a new puppy to replace Meisha and to keep Sasha company plus I'm thinking of having her become an avalanche canine so that I can help in circumstances where one would be required, and being a service animal, that she could ride in the cabin.

Next year will be the first time both of them will be flying and I'm dreading the day....
Old Aug 5, 2002, 9:01 am

Purchased an Abyssinian kitten for the SleepCountess' birthday last month. We drove (12 hours) from Calgary to Vancouver and 12 hours return rather than subject the little rascal to a one hour plane ride, even though he'd be in the cabin. Two lb kittens can ride in their diminutive carrier as carry-on, but are obligated to stay under the seat, it seems.

As it turned out he was a great passenger on the road, but hates, with a passion, that carrier stuff, so it turned out well.

This decision undertaken in light of a previous, traumatic (1984) experience with the previous feline flying from Victoria to Calgary.

Don't know Whether I'd drive all the way across the continent to save a pet the stress of a plane ride, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.