Wiki Posts
Search

Robert Milton: hero or ...?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2002, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Robert Milton: hero or ...?

An article in this morning's G&M toys with the idea that if Robert Milton continues to have a few more positive quarters, he may be on to a winning formula.

This article should elicit a few responses

I know that this won't be popular here but he may be on to something new here. Let's bring this thread forward in three months.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L53D22D61
Old Aug 3, 2002, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I think Reguly is a bit of a strange character. Here he is layering faint praise on Milton, and still dumping on his strategies. I recall we were all awaiting a rather hard hitting and probing interview last January on ROB-TV between the same Reguly and Milton, since the Errorplan folks had just forces AC to change some of the benefits they had taken away. But Reguly, face to face, could not have been more of a lap dog to Milton, fawning on every pre-written response Milton had for the powderpuff questions.

Wonder when UA or US will hire Milton to be their pres?
Old Aug 3, 2002, 11:30 am
Suspended

Milton may have been part of allowing AC to turn a small profit this quarter, but he is also responsible for driving away droves of frequent flier's to other airlines, other programs etc. Unfortunately when the final numbers come in, he will blame in on post 9/11 and not realize it is his, and Rupert's, incompetence that has driven people away.

Just my two cents worth.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 2:43 pm
msn

Ohhhh - I though it was a survey. "or" it is!
Old Aug 3, 2002, 9:29 pm
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
I think Reguly is a bit of a strange character. Here he is layering faint praise on Milton, and still dumping on his strategies. I recall we were all awaiting a rather hard hitting and probing interview last January on ROB-TV between the same Reguly and Milton, since the Errorplan folks had just forces AC to change some of the benefits they had taken away. But Reguly, face to face, could not have been more of a lap dog to Milton, fawning on every pre-written response Milton had for the powderpuff questions.

Wonder when UA or US will hire Milton to be their pres?
</font>
Reguly is ok SH;Milton is a bright guy so it is not easy to get him on hard stuff.
I hope someone hires him soon before he destroys all the long term clientele.But then again he just bcame a Canadian citizen.
Old Aug 4, 2002, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Well, being a Canadian hasn't hurt Don Carty. But I think Parnel is right, I don't think RM will be leaving AC any time soon. Once Aeroplan and Tech Services are spun off, the international Tango and Charter carriers launched, AC itself will undergo a major corporate transformation, and Milton will like stay on to run the various airline operations. Calin R will likely take over as CEO of the corporate AC, overseeing all the divisions and subsidiaries, but not day to day airline operations [AC mainline, TANGO, ZIP, JAZZ, JETZ et al]. I think that's what Milton likes to do, and taking on a US carrier would actually be a dead end and career killer since that country's industry is in a hopeless state.

Talking about the hopelessness of US airlines: Anyone up for Santiago Chile? Just C$680 return, all taxes and fees [except for the entry visa], ex-WAS or ORD on AA! Almost 12K in status miles, 24K total regular miles if you're Plat or ExecPlat, plus another 10K as a route bonus until the end of the year. It's this year's version of the TPE run on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.